• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE papers, where are they checked??

Reaction score
I've always guessed where are the papers sent for checking? I'm in Pakistan and where do the papers go from here? UK? Singapore? Anywhere else..?

Reaction score
i'm not sure, but i think it's said that papers from pakistan are checked in pakistan, then the top papers are sent to cie for further cheking before the distinctions etc are announced...
personally i think they're checked in a similar way to the SAT essays... i.e. the papers are scanned and then electronically distributed like worldwide, wherever the examiners are. thus the paper format and request to use dark blue or black pens...

Reaction score
i think they are all cheked at cambridge thats why it takes 2 months to get ur results.
but SATS are marked locally thats why you get your results in a week

Reaction score
girlscampisra said:
if we write below the lines, is that accepted?

be more specific , anywhere is good other that the section to the right that says For examiners use.

Reaction score
Sully17 said:
girlscampisra said:
if we write below the lines, is that accepted?

be more specific , anywhere is good other that the section to the right that says For examiners use.

oh thank God, i wrote so much below the lines in biology paper. *PHEW*
Thanks btw :)

Reaction score
they are first sent to CIE and then distributed around the world...i heard our papers are checked in Pakistan often times

Reaction score
prats said:
they are first sent to CIE and then distributed around the world...i heard our papers are checked in Pakistan often times
Once i was writing with a light pen, invigilator came and then told me to use dark pen next time as the papers are sent to UK examination board !!

Reaction score

Reaction score
dude here is what is heard
our papers are checkd in three countries dunno which and then they go to the cambridge for fianl checking
dunno if its ryt or not but i heard this:d

Reaction score
@girlscampisra me too n in all pprs
n yeah dey r scanned n sent somewhere around.... creepy
wats happened 2 old system... miss it!

Reaction score
Yeah I mean they can not be scanned as in the mark scheme I've read that it's written for the examiners to 'not to put more than one question mark after writing comments' or 'tick this line' or 'mark that' or 'underline' etc. So they are hand-checked.