• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE Physics 0625 s12 - Im confused

Reaction score
I searched all over the internet for the june 2012 grade boundaries/targets, I finally found them.

But they didn't make sense (to me), I mean it says that you need 142 out of 200 for an A*, is that possible, it's a bit low, I just need someone to confirm it, because i thought an A* would need more than that.

Can anyone reply as soon as possible, my exam is in 4 days. oh and im taking the cx (11,31,61) and I did multiple 31 papers and i get an average of 69-75 out of 80, would that be a good build up for an overall A*.

Attachments

• XtremePapers-Physics (0625) Marking Schemes + GT.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Reaction score
I searched all over the internet for the june 2012 grade boundaries/targets, I finally found them.

But they didn't make sense (to me), I mean it says that you need 142 out of 200 for an A*, is that possible, it's a bit low, I just need someone to confirm it, because i thought an A* would need more than that.

Can anyone reply as soon as possible, my exam is in 4 days. oh and im taking the cx (11,31,61) and I did multiple 31 papers and i get an average of 69-75 out of 80, would that be a good build up for an overall A*.
the grade boundaries are different each year depending how well people around the world did. so if a lot of people get really high grades then the grade boundaries would be high. so in 2012 most people did bad and that is why the boundaries are low

Reaction score
ok thanks, but i mean the total for the three papers is 160 marks, and this 142 is out of 200, is there a formula for conversion or is it just straight up percentage?