• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE Student!

Reaction score
Hey guy's I'm a CIE student in Pakistan and just gave me AS ,,buh I did them really bad..so i wana shift to Edexcel.
So is it possible that i give AS in Jan 2012 and A2 In May 2012?
Or The whole AS+A2 In June?

Reaction score
There is no problem with that as long as you may handle the pressure which you would have to face with when trying to complete full a-level which subjects would you like to take?

Reaction score
TBH. .Edexcel is way too easy compared to CIE!
And I've done AS very well..it's just that the CIE exams din go well..I'm sure Edexcel will!
Subjects are Bio,Chem and Physics

Reaction score
Ok,i don't really know how hard biology and chemistry are at AS level for edexcel as i personally do 5 subjects -business studies,computing (cie) as well as russian,physics,maths(edexcel) and physics exams which i have done in summer session 2011 went quite well, although styles of papers for 2 examining boards are quite different (i've done igcse cambridge physics last year that's why i know).

Reaction score
It's a matter of choice, everyone must not agree on any one matter, just because you think one thing is better for you does not necessarily mean it's the best for everyone else. Like you said you're not good at academically challenging subjects like the sciences, however some people might be or might not be good at them, but still like them. So whether or not you like the IB it's your business really, it does not make you wrong and it does not make anyone else who likes or does not like A levels right or wrong. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.

================
daily trading system

Reaction score
hi Im a cie student aswell. I would like to know the exam structure of edexcel... I heard that it is compulsory to give exams in both Jan and June sessions. Is that true? And that the whole syllabus is divided into two and that half of the topics are tested in Jan and the rest in June... Other than this, how hard is A2 edexcel? Can one manage both AS and A2 together in one year?