• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Commerce help!

Reaction score
is it compulsory to answer the question in bullets when the question states explain 3 reasons etc etc?? plus how to score gud marks in p1 i find it difficult to even score 30/40 marks?? Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
umm i am not so sure but i was advised never to write in bullet points just to be on the safe size explain the fact in one line even if they say state unless its something you absolutely cannot explain

Reaction score
umm the only option is for you to practice all the mcqs from i think 2004
thats what i am doing

Reaction score
i have a doubt pls answer this mcq care fully

what is the aim of most advertising ?
a.to create employment
b.to persuade customers to buy
c.to provide consumer choice
d.to reduce costs

Reaction score
i have a doubt pls answer this mcq care fully

what is the aim of most advertising ?
a.to create employment
b.to persuade customers to buy
c.to provide consumer choice
d.to reduce costs
Not sure about that but i guess the answer is (c. to provide consumer choice) because employment creation is not their aim nor do they reduce costs. there r some informative advertisements too so the left option is c. because it does provide choice.

Reaction score
another question
a good is bought at $.80 and it is sold at $1 wats the mark up??
the answers were
a.20
b.25
c.125
d.180

Reaction score
Both answers are B.
Advertisement is usually meant to persuade consumers to buy to increase sales.
While mark-up will be calculated (0.2/0.8)x100 = 25%

Reaction score
i guess 1st one is c because its aim is to create public awareness. while pursuading customers is not the aim of every advertisement for example: A slogan reads:"Washing powder X removes every stain." this is providing info not forcing people to buy washing powder. Correct me if i have misunderstood. :)
Yea I agree what you say.
But read the Option C again it says to provide consumer choice and consumer choice is fulfilled by business activity.
Providing consumer choice and raising public awareness are two much different terms actually. !

Reaction score
And for your first question, answering in points or paragraph doesn't really matter unless the question starts from EXPLAIN or DEFINE or WHY !

Reaction score
which year is it from? i think the answer is b the main reason for advertisement is to persuade ppl to buy the product thats one of the aims of informative advertisement too this is what advertisement exists for.
ok yeah that does make sense i thought it would be b.

Reaction score
they asked for MOST advertisement the question does not say EVERY advertisement.
Yea I agree what you say.
But read the Option C again it says to provide consumer choice and consumer choice is fulfilled by business activity.
Providing consumer choice and raising public awareness are two much different terms actually. !