• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Commerce help!

Reaction score
plz guide me.... my commerce paper is on the same day when my physics paper is...i thinking to withdraw the whole subject by not giving both papers.... plz tell me than what will come in my result??... some people say it come blank...some say it wont come on result while others say that U grade will come...plz help me urgentlly...o_O
dude seriously u wanna drop thats the last thing i would have done
anyway i dont think thats a option go ahead and give it your best

Reaction score
than how should i study for commerce???...... should i do past papers or my brief notes?????
download the syllabus start from first chapter and just get an ovelook of it..
notes from scribd.com might be helpful then after the overlook concentrate on topics that you would prefer for P2 i would recomend production advertisement communication transportation and business units as they are least technical and guarantee 4 questions...

Reaction score
Customers can use different types of card when buying goods and services.
Which type of card allocates points to a customer for every $1 spent?
A credit card
B debit card
C loyalty card
D store card

what is difference between loyalty card and store card and i guess answer is d. if wrong plz provide a logic :)
i got this one wrong too just now. Store card is basically a credit card but it can only be used within one specific store. Loyalty card encourages consumers to spend in a shop. The answer is C.

Reaction score
and the above qsts? + when carrying calculation, is there any difference in cash discount and trade discount?
The above question is really tricky you should first try it yourself. Trade discount is the discount you get when you buy in bulk on credit. When you pay the price early, businesses as an encouragement offer another discount known as cash discount which is deducted from the cash price.

Reaction score
what is documentry credit??
Documentary credit is a sort of guarantee offered by the bank to an exporter which guarantees payment even if the importer does not pay. Here is the official explanation. A letter of credit is a document issued by a financial institution, or a similar party, assuring payment to a seller of goods and/or services provided certain documents have been presented to the bank.[1] These are documents that essentially prove that the seller has performed his duties under an underlying contract (e.g., sale of goods contract)and the goods (or services) have been supplied as agreed. In return for these documents, the beneficiary receives payment from the financial institution that issued the letter of credit. The letter of credit serves essentially as a guarantee to the seller that it will be paid regardless of whether the buyer ultimately fails to pay. In this way, the risk that the buyer will fail to pay is transferred from the seller to the letter of credit's issuer. The letter of credit can also be used to insure that all the agreed upon standards and quality of goods are met by the supplier, provided that these requirements are reflected in the documents described in the letter of credit.

Reaction score
Documentary credit is a sort of guarantee offered by the bank to an exporter which guarantees payment even if the importer does not pay. Here is the official explanation. A letter of credit is a document issued by a financial institution, or a similar party, assuring payment to a seller of goods and/or services provided certain documents have been presented to the bank.[1] These are documents that essentially prove that the seller has performed his duties under an underlying contract (e.g., sale of goods contract)and the goods (or services) have been supplied as agreed. In return for these documents, the beneficiary receives payment from the financial institution that issued the letter of credit. The letter of credit serves essentially as a guarantee to the seller that it will be paid regardless of whether the buyer ultimately fails to pay. In this way, the risk that the buyer will fail to pay is transferred from the seller to the letter of credit's issuer. The letter of credit can also be used to insure that all the agreed upon standards and quality of goods are met by the supplier, provided that these requirements are reflected in the documents described in the letter of credit.
the financial institution is the bank right?
you seem to be very well prepared...

Reaction score
u will receive X grade but if u give a try who knows u might end in getting A* or atleast an A i'm also a sciences student and do not understand the commerce language but i paid for it so i'll try my best :)
u serios ???? why on earth did u pay to do commerce then id rather save the money and do subjects in my stream
please tell me you have done enough preparation the paper is on thursday

Reaction score
u will receive X grade but if u give a try who knows u might end in getting A* or atleast an A i'm also a sciences student and do not understand the commerce language but i paid for it so i'll try my best :)
X grade???

Reaction score
same the case with me...i also score between 25-30 in p1..... but the problem is for P2... i have no experience in P2... how should i prepare??

Reaction score
why dont you study everything better not take the chance and they mix the chapters in each question

explain with reasoning if u lack in points like if 6 marks qstn come and u have three points explain them properly which could be cleared to examiner of what ur saying and i u know the first 7 chapters properly and the last 5 chapters, u can easily score in p2 :)

Reaction score
there is 50% option and the chapters are different in each qstn very rare chance of 2 chap in one question but the two chap might be interelated!
I am more worried about p1. P2 is easier you need good english and you need to read mark schemes. I always read those revision somehow makes the points slip away.