• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Comp Project

Reaction score
Is it a fine thing to take an old project and modify it to make ours own? :D

Reaction score
Not fine,
not at all fine...

Maybe you might just be able to get 45+ marks, but see how unfair would it be for those who would have worked hard, used their precious time, thinking, making, and doing the work..

We always blame the government for corruption, politician of eating up the money, and all...
but do we ever consider ourselves ??

Are we any better ??

They cheat in their own capacity, and we cheat in our own. We are as worse as they...if not more..

Why dont you just try making one?
one your own.

I know it would be harder and tiring, but I tell you, whatever result you would get then, you can say you deserved it, you will have the personal satisfaction.

Reaction score
fine..
bt I don't even know how to start and what to do...
atleast I can go through 1 or 2 pieces to know what exactly is required

Reaction score
usman.1995 said:
Is it a fine thing to take an old project and modify it to make ours own? :D
NEVER EVER DO THAT! Totally against the rules!

usman.1995 said:
fine..
bt I don't even know how to start and what to do...
atleast I can go through 1 or 2 pieces to know what exactly is required
I m here to help
Project is divided in 5 stages
1)Analysis
2)Design
3)Implementation
4)Testing
5)Documentation
First choose a company who is working manually i.e paper work not using computer. It can also be a computerized company which u can show as a manual running company. Then pick up the sample documents. The comes the analysis part, its a bit lengthy to explain in words so u better consult ur computer teacher.

Reaction score
I am against modifying a previous project..

and not against reading 'one or two pieces to get an idea'

You should read. It gives you an idea of what is to be there and all..
I even came to know about "Pert Chart" and "Gantt Chart" when I read a previous project of a student..

I myself am appearing in P3, Alternate to Coursework

Reaction score
Yep. Like others say, do not copy or modify. Take a general idea if you are clueless as to how to do your project. Once you get the gist of it, shut other projects away and make your own. Use the apeendix thing that is on the computer syllabus to know exactly what you're supposed to wrote for which stage and for how many marks. Take help from your teacher too. Once you start, it'll be very very easy.

Reaction score
Thanks everybody ...I m convinced...will just b going through 1 or 2 pieces to get an idea..
@Linkinpark...LALAy baaz ajaa...tunnay jaisay khud he bna laina hai..... :p

Reaction score
its better wayyy better if u have to modify another project who cares about uski mehnat iski mehnat its PAKISTAN lolx since its a pain to make a new project by ur own takes alot of time but but but one thing should be kept in mind u will have to give a complete u can say description of ur project in a speech to ur sir if u had copied u wouldnt be knowing what steps u took and u would be hesitating then ur sir will figure out its a copied project then u are doomed...lahaza jo sir kehte hain wohi kero unho ne hi number dene hain :p :)

Reaction score
Actually, you CAN take another project and base it off that, but that would be pointless because A) You're learning nothing in the process B) Heavy modification would be required, rendering it useless C) There is probably a chance you will get caught. In short, you shouldn't really do it. I agree with all of the above posts. :)

Reaction score
karlo kar lo copy pasta zyada farq nai parta :D
unless u have plans to have computing in A levels.
i copied 20% of my project from one of my seniors. A* aagya :D