• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Component grades help

Reaction score
Minimum mark for an 'A' grade is 95. 88 is 7 marks short.
Now, since she has an 88 already, this mark will be carried to A2. If she achieves the minimum mark for an 'A' in all of the components (i.e. 42 and 52), she would still end up with a B, because she would be 5 marks short of an A. To guarantee an A, she'd have to cross the minimum marks, i.e, get more than 63/100 on paper 42 and more than 19/30 on paper 52.
An A* is possible, but she'd have to score really high. So, at A2, with her current 88 at AS, she'd have to secure:
1) a further 105 marks for an A*
2) a further 87 marks for an A
3) a further 69 marks for a B
4) a further 47 marks for a C.

So, I would say she'd have to put in a lot of effort just to reach that A, but she shouldn't give up on trying to get that A*. However, if she doesn't put in the effort, her grade will drop. But I wouldn't worry about that, so she should just focus on getting that grade up.

Thank you so much...btw can she can an A overall in A2 or is that also difficult?

Reaction score
from previous threshholds provided minimum A* is between 190-205 almost and by this she have to to work hard to make possible asthis is not impossible to get A* still with these marks.

thank you...just by hearing u say that its possible is enough for her...thank you XD isA she will try her best !!