• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer ATC disccussion.

Reaction score
Paper was very easy! This was the first time me drawing attractive pictures on the paper, i mean for the Screen 1 and 2. :LOL: My system flowchart symbols are all correct. Thanks to those BOOKLETS! It was very helpful. I drew my flowchart according to the one I found in this forum, made some changes though, I hope its correct. I never saw a question on changeover methods, did they give any or did I just forget? Cause I happen to quickly forget the paper once it's over! :D

PS. Don't ya'll think CIE is becoming a little bit easy? Last year even my friend said that the papers was quite easy.

Reaction score
Paper was very easy! This was the first time me drawing attractive pictures on the paper, i mean for the Screen 1 and 2. :LOL: My system flowchart symbols are all correct. Thanks to those BOOKLETS! It was very helpful. I drew my flowchart according to the one I found in this forum, made some changes though, I hope its correct. I never saw a question on changeover methods, did they give any or did I just forget? Cause I happen to quickly forget the paper once it's over! :D

PS. Don't ya'll think CIE is becoming a little bit easy? Last year even my friend said that the papers was quite easy.
what changes did you make to the screens?

Reaction score

bro can u help me and tell me the answers for atc?24hours have passed/....pleased tell me the amendments made to the screens and thier explanation and flowchart

Reaction score
Screen1
Make it big visible, I added a finger touching screen pic
Screen2
Make it aligned
Insert a numpad
i included a lot of things in 1 including activity selction and confirmation so that switching screens doesnot confuse the user.. i indicated that the screen options were to remain inaccessible until start was pressed..
in 2 i aligned it and added an option of adding more activities
i drew cursors to show that it was a computer scree and also scroll bar

Reaction score
what changes did you make to the screens?
bro can u help me and tell me the answers for atc?24hours have passed/....pleased tell me the amendments made to the screens and thier explanation and flowchart

Screen 1
Made it larger(fonts)
Drew some pictures at both sides (relating to holiday activities i.e. that comes in holiday brochures.)
Used a heading
Used a random logo
I wrote 'Welcome' as it is a kind of a welcome screen.
On the middle, i wrote 'slide to unlock'. Same thing that comes in an iPhone! To make the screen look very lively.

Screen 2]
Login screen in the middle
..Below that I wrote 'forget your no.?'
A help button
Then again, drew the same pictures as in Screen 1.

and explained both screens about what it represents, what I have added and so on.
Answers were same as the ATC paper in Oct/Nov 2011 but made small changes that relates to the scenario.
The flowchart is the one I got from this forum, but I made changes according to the points they have given, and still most of the symbols matched.

PS. I still cannot understand why they say us to read the scenario for atleast 20 minutes. :confused:

Reaction score
Screen 1
Made it larger(fonts)
Drew some pictures at both sides (relating to holiday activities i.e. that comes in holiday brochures.)
Used a heading
Used a random logo
I wrote 'Welcome' as it is a kind of a welcome screen.
On the middle, i wrote 'slide to unlock'. Same thing that comes in an iPhone! To make the screen look very lively.

Screen 2]
Login screen in the middle
..Below that I wrote 'forget your no.?'
A help button
Then again, drew the same pictures as in Screen 1.

and explained both screens about what it represents, what I have added and so on.
Answers were same as the ATC paper in Oct/Nov 2011 but made small changes that relates to the scenario.
The flowchart is the one I got from this forum, but I made changes according to the points they have given, and still most of the symbols matched.

PS. I still cannot understand why they say us to read the scenario for atleast 20 minutes. :confused:
i made a similar need help button.. and a "few days left? want to book more activities" button in sc 2 and i also included payment modes on sc 1

Reaction score
u guys got it all wrong. u shud not have added new things only changes.why?
because its a follow on screen not a website that u add tools pics helps etc. \
what is a follow on screen?
like an atm machine. the screen keeps changing,step by step
for exaple u add ur number
then screen changes and activity list appears
u select
screen changes asks for confirmation
but everything should not have been fitted on one scree cuz thats only on websites
this is what two computer teachers told meee

Reaction score
u guys got it all wrong. u shud not have added new things only changes.why?
because its a follow on screen not a website that u add tools pics helps etc. \
what is a follow on screen?
like an atm machine. the screen keeps changing,step by step
for exaple u add ur number
then screen changes and activity list appears
u select
screen changes asks for confirmation
but everything should not have been fitted on one scree cuz thats only on websites
this is what two computer teachers told meee
i clearly mentioned on my paper that the screen was to remain inaccessible until start was chosen... sort of similar to follow up thing... and why not help? in case a user enters errorsome data or cant get the system to work properly, a few key guidelines can help him...
it wasn't really necessary to build a follow up type screen... the questiob didn't really say k we had to limit screen design by it

Reaction score
i asked a teacher he teaches it programming in zibest university and my own schools teacher.then 3 of my friends did the same thing and they know a lot cuz they doin computer course part from olevel compters.so u got it wrooonggg

Reaction score
Just want to confirm my answers.
In that most pathetic Qs regarding screens.
In screen1 i worte that Heading should b on top and ONLY increased the font size of " Click here to start" so that the user faces no difficulty to see.
In screen2 I wrote that place for entering number should be in the correct place and made boxes in the space so that the numbers entered are restricted to reduce errors . I also wrote a note that " Pls type in the correct characters in the boxes.
For Hardware i wrote that LAN card shall b used since it is necessary to access LAN on each computer.
I also wrote MODEM should be used because once it is connected with the telephone line then it is possible for any comp within range to access Wi-fi remotely.
After listening to many good students' answers I was moody because I thought that we had to add anything like keypad or circle to touch but Ur comments are, really, for meh :p
I also thought adding things will make it a website. It was like ATMs. But are my answers abt screen worth 8 marks?

Reaction score
Just want to confirm my answers.
In that most pathetic Qs regarding screens.
In screen1 i worte that Heading should b on top and ONLY increased the font size of " Click here to start" so that the user faces no difficulty to see.
In screen2 I wrote that place for entering number should be in the correct place and made boxes in the space so that the numbers entered are restricted to reduce errors . I also wrote a note that " Pls type in the correct characters in the boxes.
For Hardware i wrote that LAN card shall b used since it is necessary to access LAN on each computer.
I also wrote MODEM should be used because once it is connected with the telephone line then it is possible for any comp within range to access Wi-fi remotely.
After listening to many good students' answers I was moody because I thought that we had to add anything like keypad or circle to touch but Ur comments are, really, for meh :p
I also thought adding things will make it a website. It was like ATMs. But are my answers abt screen worth 8 marks?
were they four marks each!!?