• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Science or Chemistry ?

Reaction score
Hello everyone ,

Well , it's simple. I am in As , and kinda confused if i should opt chemistry or computer.

Flaws of chemistry imo :
1. Difficult

Adv of chemistry imo :
1. P.P and alot of material to prepare with.

Flaws of CS imo :
1. No P.P / Less material to prepare from.
2. Not aware of the format of paper.
3. High chance of getting surprised i.e the paper you didn't expected.

Adv of CS imo :
1. Compared to chem not that hard , for me.

I am really confused about how should I go on with this ? Talking about that , Has anyone , any experience about the chemistry A2 ? Is it hard to maintain grade of As in A2 ?

Regards.

Reaction score
Practising pastpapers is a very helpful technique if anyone of you need to get an A or A* in your exams! If you practise about 5-10 years of pastpapers before your exam, i can guarantee that there is no doubt you will get a good grade! You can find pastpapers on many different websites. I use the one mentioned in my Signature

That sure goes for chemistry , but not for " computer science " as it is a new subject. Remember , don't confuse Computer science with Computing. It is different. :)

As far as the syllabus for computer science is concerned it is ok with me , but idk about the p.p as it is new sub . I can't take risk. And I have pretty much made my mind to go for chemistry as I am more familiar with studying from past papers and scoring rather then studying syllabus and relying on knowledge independently. Unless someone else have some more points to guide me further. :)

Reaction score
Practising pastpapers is a very helpful technique if anyone of you need to get an A or A* in your exams! If you practise about 5-10 years of pastpapers before your exam, i can guarantee that there is no doubt you will get a good grade! You can find pastpapers on many different websites. I use the one mentioned in my Signature

This person is a spam bot

Hello everyone ,

Well , it's simple. I am in As , and kinda confused if i should opt chemistry or computer.

Flaws of chemistry imo :
1. Difficult

Adv of chemistry imo :
1. P.P and alot of material to prepare with.

Flaws of CS imo :
1. No P.P / Less material to prepare from.
2. Not aware of the format of paper.
3. High chance of getting surprised i.e the paper you didn't expected.

Adv of CS imo :
1. Compared to chem not that hard , for me.

I am really confused about how should I go on with this ? Talking about that , Has anyone , any experience about the chemistry A2 ? Is it hard to maintain grade of As in A2 ?

Regards.

As regards to whether chem or computer studies , I would definitely say chemistry because it's much more useful job wise has lots of applications. But in the end it depends on what you wanting to do at university , if you put that extra work in for chemistry it is worth it!