• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies help ASAP:(!

Reaction score
In the May/June 2003 paper. I am having difficulties with Q.No 12 part (e)

Please tell in detail how to do it?

Secondly, I want to tell u guys that my comp. teacher sucks like hell. I dont understand a thing about psuedo codes and algorithm........can any body help?

Reaction score
Well i was checking the wrong paper !! here is the answer [H006,H004,H008] or there are many other as well !! You just have to see the asecending order in type then area and list down the reference number !!

Reaction score
Well writing algorithm using pseudo code is an easy task. The procedure is:-
Firstly you should do declaration, which means that you should initialise each and every variable e.g a question asks you about calculating the total . In this case you would do declaration by writing total=0, count=o
After that youll have to decide which loop to use
after you have decided on loop you should start writing algorithm. The bst way to do is that you should follow the sequence mentioned in question and it will become quite easy for you to write the algorithm. Check worked solutions of algorithms in marking schemes too.

Hope my essay helped you :)

Reaction score
If you read thoroughly the booklet Salman attached and the other booklets that accompanies it with p.papers and stephen doyle, you don't really require a good teacher.

Reaction score
Sehrish said:
If you read thoroughly the booklet Salman attached and the other booklets that accompanies it with p.papers and stephen doyle, you don't really require a good teacher.
yeah Stephen Doyle is a good book but its quite old now !!

Reaction score
Ok guys, this thread maybe locked now. Because I've had my CS Final today and I had almost perfected algorithm so it was not a problem for me.

Thanks everybody!

Reaction score
bikermicefrmars said:
Ok guys, this thread maybe locked now. Because I've had my CS Final today and I had almost perfected algorithm so it was not a problem for me.

Thanks everybody!

Best of luck. I screwed my CS exam today, it was really hard.
Salman, ure right but topics like System Analysis and System Flow Charts are very well explained.

Reaction score
Dude havent u submitted ur project yet ?
They are supposed to fly to the UK in these 10 days

Reaction score
dragoninja98 said:
Here i go then:
1.Not necessarily....i have a friend who at the the least had B's and an occasional A in pak studies and islamiat in the CIE exam....after hours of revision and (3-4) times and study he got a B and a C in his Cambridge exams....so it takes 10% luck, 20% skill, 15 % concentrated power of will
5% pleasure, 50% pain and a hundred percent reason to remember the name
:D
Whereas i never had an A * in Islamiat before in school but Alhamdolillah got an A*....
So it depends whose prayers u take !
and i did only 2-3 marking schemes....don't go for so many of them

2.I started in late august,went through september and on the 11 my first exam took place
I revised once in august and sept and twice in the last ten days
but revise before hand...
In sept evryday i vowed to study hard but ended hanging out
so dont distract urself
Main parhta tha laikin samajh ker parhta tha
inthe last two days i wrote down all islamiat references and began learning them
I previously got my papers for the last 2-3 years from my islamiat teacher.

3.In islamiat i got around 86 evry time in my final exams but in mids and asessments lower grades...possibly B's
But in pak studies i always got an A *....In tests i sometimes even failed
;)
and i remain in the top four...in 10th i didnt get any position (fourth)
I was 12 marks behind !
lol !
4.And its comparatively easy to get A's in these subjects...
If you have revised well that is

5.Tips for geog:Follow only one book
two books mess up ur mind and u get confused.
note down important points by hand
this time the paper was of general knowledge
not very technical.

6.It depends on each person....u shud have ample practice before hand....dont go for the last days...
keep them for xtra revision.One time revision takes longer when u are a month away but in the last two days... i automatically switched to one time revision in 1.5 days

7. I dont....practically speaking can't do ratta....learn the main events and most importantly link evrything....build bridges...thats way its easier...co relate
I revised each thing about 3 times...but pastpapers i did only once....of the past 5 years...
u shud do more

8. in islamiat u must develop points...make them longer...one criteria is to have a substantial answer so believe it or not
Your point shud be length....12 marks kai liyay about 3 pages
so write fast....papers timing kai saath karo...In history pastpaper style follow karo
And dude marking scheme main tou sirf points hotay hain...answers ko develop kerna candidate ka kaam hai...
Aur yeh bhee nahin kai answer lamba saa laikin points bus 2-3...
u must keep balance

9.Beaconhouse CSC

10.i didnt take islamiat or pak studies tutions

11.i attempted papers with timings in islamiat but read only p.p of history

12.Nigel Kelly the best...Smith refer kia laikin got confused...syllabus ko dekh ker chalna

13.Farkhanda Noor ka nai edition kai saath purana edition
New edition doesnt cover some points and some topics arent mentioned in the syllabus...
e.g treatment of women...very important question comes in exam so refer only farkhanda Noor
I havent evn seen Dr. Iftikhaars book !

14.tabieen and taba tabieen...What do u mean ?

Remember each student is diiferent so follow above procedures at ur own risk !
Regards
Syed Ali Mannan Tirmizi

P.S: Will be happy to help !
Don't Follow the style of past paper in history or you'll be ruined !! :|
and tabieen and taba tabieen were the collectors of hadith !!

Reaction score
Ok i have messed up this thread two times so sorry
and wow Salman
I must have been sleeping in class or something because its the second time i have come across this word (tabeein tabieen)!
Regarding bikermicefrommars query :
You can actually use for....to loop as its in in my opinion the easiest
all you do is set everything u have to find the question to 0.
e.g in car,truck,lorry and other vehicle
start with
car=0,truck=0,lorry=0,other vehicle=0
then state the conditions applicable to them
e.g if car passes then car=car+1
else if truck passes then truck=truck+1
continue and then just print everything for what the question asks
e.g print car,truck,lorry and other vehicle
and finish of with
end !
There you're done !