• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer studies ! Post your doubts here =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wiki A type of Web 2.0 site that allows one or more
contributors to create and edit a set of interlinked
web pages.

blogs :short of "web logs" a websites with occasional entries similar to diaries

Podcast: A series of audio or video fi les that is published
on a website and made available as a feed.

bit streams a series of bitsover a time .a live braodcast is distributed as a stream

digital media sharing websites,: resources on internet which holds flash software to view videos and picture and in which tagging can be done for sharing are called digital media sharing websites ( it is what i think pls correct me if i am wrong in it)

tagging is a method of indexinga content of a website to make them easier to find ..

hoped they helped :) ashiqbal

Phishing And Pharming ?

2 Marks for each of them ^^

Reaction score
phaming is a scamming practice in which malicious code is installed on pc or server misdirecting users to fraud websites
in phising fraud emails are sent to acquire the username or password

Reaction score
Phishing And Pharming ?

phishing & pharming

1)pharming is done through the original sites with some fake site's hyperlinks and where we are asked to write e mail address and its password
while phishing is done by spamming of fake emails such as "congratulation you are the most lucky person who won 50,000 $" something like that...!!

2)in both the cases we are asked to type the email address with its password or to write account number or credit card number !!! thus welcoming hackers ( aaa bail mujhey maar ----urdu proverb)

Reaction score
Phishing And Pharming ?

Pharming - A hacking attack that intercepts browser requests and redirects them to a fake website where the attacker exposes the user to a phishing attack.

Phishing - a theft of ID data by deception carried out by sending an email or other sort of message, containing hyperlink to a fake clone of a legitimate website which directs the user to enter their ID data.

Reaction score
Pharming - A hacking attack that intercepts browser requests and redirects them to a fake website where the attacker exposes the user to a phishing attack.

Phishing - a theft of ID data by deception carried out by sending an email or other sort of message, containing hyperlink to a fake clone of a legitimate website which directs the user to enter their ID data.

copy pasted :p from glossary!!!:p

Reaction score
okay guys now start a series of qeustion from new syllabus as well as old !!

and correct answer would recieve two likes !!:p:D on any post!!!

my first question... differentiate b/w ink jet printer and dot matrix printer .[3] (i bet non of you even think of it :p)

Reaction score
okay guys now start a series of qeustion from new syllabus as well as old !!

and correct answer would recieve two likes !!:p:D on any post!!!

my first question... differentiate b/w ink jet printer and dot matrix printer .[3] (i bet non of you even think of it :p)

Ink Jet
- Good Quality
- Relatively Expensive
- Faster Printing
- Ink Based.
- Makes little Noise

Dot Matrix
- Not Very Good Quality
- Relatively Cheap
- Slower Printing
- Ribbon Based (Ribbons strike the page to create whatever is printed like in type writers idk how to express it)
- Makes A lot of noise

My Question ..

"Many of the portable memory devices available at the moment use either solid state or miniature hard disk drives."

What is the difference between solid state and miniature hard disk drives? [4 marks] [ 2-3 points each]

Reaction score
Reaction score
Phishing
Phishing is an e-mail fraud method in which the perpetrator sends out legitimate -looking email in an attempt to gather personal and financial information from recipients. Typically, the messages appear to come from well known and trustworthy Web sites

Pharming
Pharming is a scamming practice in which malicious code is installed on a personal computer or server, misdirecting users to fraudulent Web sites without their knowledge or consent.

Reaction score
Ink Jet
- Good Quality
- Relatively Expensive
- Faster Printing
- Ink Based.
- Makes little Noise

Dot Matrix
- Not Very Good Quality
- Relatively Cheap
- Slower Printing
- Ribbon Based (Ribbons strike the page to create whatever is printed like in type writers idk how to express it)
- Makes A lot of noise

My Question ..

"Many of the portable memory devices available at the moment use either solid state or miniature hard disk drives."

What is the difference between solid state and miniature hard disk drives? [4 marks] [ 2-3 points each]

i dont know about it too ... was seeking for any reference and found eventually http://www.storagesearch.com/semico-art1.html

Reaction score
brb in 5-10 minutes .. jab tak yaar iss ki summary likh doo please :) kay kia differences mentioned hain ..

Reaction score
brb in 5-10 minutes .. jab tak yaar iss ki summary likh doo please :) kay kia differences mentioned hain ..

yar i am totaly confused by the momont the url is about flash memory

solid state hdd is non volatile nand based memory while miniature hard drive uses flash memory

this what i can understand in this long time :(:cry:

Reaction score
okay yar move on it will just waste time ..!!

state one disadvantages of GPS and statetwo problem which GPS reciever could face [3]

Reaction score
okay yar move on it will just waste time ..!!

state one disadvantages of GPS and statetwo problem which GPS reciever could face [3]

If maps are not kept up-to-date the user can be misled (due to an accident, landslide)

Problems
-Signal Loss
-Reading Maps while driving could cause accidents? (No idea .. )

actually there are not many disadvantages of GPS.

Reaction score
differentiate b/w ram & rom[3]

RAM Volatile ROM Non-Volatile
RAM - Random Access Memory ROM Read Only Memory
RAM - Stores Software Information ROM stores Hardware Information
RAM - Data is lost in case of Power Loss ROM data is not lost in case of Power Loss

Describe 4 Methods Used for Automatic Data Capture.

Reaction score
RAM Volatile ROM Non-Volatile
RAM - Random Access Memory ROM Read Only Memory
RAM - Stores Software Information ROM stores Hardware Information
RAM - Data is lost in case of Power Loss ROM data is not lost in case of Power Loss

Describe 4 Methods Used for Automatic Data Capture.

sensors
RFID (radio frequency identification)
omr
ocr
biometrics
(i just revised them few minutes b4 :D)

Reaction score
If maps are not kept up-to-date the user can be misled (due to an accident, landslide)

Problems
-Signal Loss
-Reading Maps while driving could cause accidents? (No idea .. )

actually there are not many disadvantages of GPS.

please also state that for calculating a check digit would a method be given in paper ...reply fast !!

Status
Not open for further replies.