• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can somebody give me Notes for Computing P2? I need main help with Programming, Flowchart, Tracing and Pseudocodes .. The theory I have done.

What language are you guys using for P2? Any Tutorials/help ?

At the current stage I am pretty much failing in P2 of computing.. :( I am doing good in P1 (Almost all questions answered in every year) .. but can't even answer 2 questions completely in P2 .. Can someone help?

Reaction score
need help in winter 2008 question 14 and 15
also need help pasting link in 11
Well Q14.
Its pretty simple, all we need to do is create hyperlinks in a word (rtf) file. So give it a suitable title Millside or whatever.
The create some hyperlinks by using the Insert tab or simply by selecting the option Hyperlink when you right click.
Like this
To create a hyperlink you need to do this
s.JPGFirst you select where you want to make the hyperlink and then do as I said open the hyperlinks pop up and then select the file which you want your link to open when clicked.
Easy...
Your menu should somewhat look like this
Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Well Q14.
Its pretty simple, all we need to do is create hyperlinks in a word (rtf) file. So give it a suitable title Millside or whatever.
The create some hyperlinks by using the Insert tab or simply by selecting the option Hyperlink when you right click.
Like this
To create a hyperlink you need to do this
View attachment 22712First you select where you want to make the hyperlink and then do as I said open the hyperlinks pop up and then select the file which you want your link to open when clicked.
Easy...
Your menu should somewhat look like this
View attachment 22711
Thanks alot bro , that was simple but could you help me with question 15, i am clueless how to do it ,any help would do good

Reaction score
In q15, all you need to do is:
1) Open a new document in Word.
2) Go to the developer tab on top
3) Select record Macro button
4) Give it a suitable name description
5) Then when all that is done you go the Office button (that Microsoft circle on top ) and select open file.
6) Open the word document wherein you createdlabels for q13
7)Then Close that file.
8) Then once again back to our word file where we were recording our macro. Click stop recording macro button
9) Done. Now save the doc as Auto Labels

You need to understand that you recorded a macro that opens the labels file as soon as it is run.

Lastly, you need to open the previous qs Millside doc menu
And hyperlink Auto labels the one with the macro to it.
Done!

Reaction score
Q11.
How to paste link.
Thats simple too.
Select what you want to copy ie the item and charge coloumns and copy it
In the upd file, you simply select the written stuff< Insert stock list here> and go to the top left corner. In the HOME tab, there willl appear Paste as shown in the screenshot. Click that dropdown thing from Paste
Then In that pop up select, Paste link and then Picture.
Like this
d.JPG You're done Paste linking!

Reaction score
thank alot, that really helped me out, but did not understand what you mean by "You need to understand that you recorded a macro that opens the labels file as soon as it is run." . Do you mean , i have created the macro went to word options added the macro to the ribbon, after that i saved the document as " AutoLabels" , then i hyperlink this AutoLabel doc in the Menu doc. I do have to click on the button on the ribbon to open the LabenMain folder.

Reaction score
thank alot, that really helped me out, but did not understand what you mean by "You need to understand that you recorded a macro that opens the labels file as soon as it is run." . Do you mean , i have created the macro went to word options added the macro to the ribbon, after that i saved the document as " AutoLabels" , then i hyperlink this AutoLabel doc in the Menu doc. I do have to click on the button on the ribbon to open the LabenMain folder.
You see in the menu snipshot I gave you, it says after the docuent opens, it provides instructions to go to the developer tab, and then select macros and then Address labels.
I think this is the right way cause I cannot find another alternative.

Reaction score
9713 w11 qp13
q5 a... ?
Student of the year Tkp
n hw do u ans q 4?

q4:the most appropriate method of organizing the data on the master file.?
A master file is used with batch processing, which involves processing at once;
so a faster access to records are needed-which can be achieved by indexed sequential manner.
such a type of data enables direct access when individual record is needed & serial access when all records are needed,
So this proves to be a quickest form of access.

If you`re referring to the book 'Applied ICT by Brian Sargent & Graham Brown'
then read page 38-9.

Hope you understand.......(y)

Reactions: Tkp