• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computing 9691 grading.

Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm doing AS level in computing, which means 2 papers (Paper 12 and Paper 22), So i just need to know, how many marks should I score for each paper to get an A? I'm just confused.

Reaction score
Both papers have EQUAL weightage and almost the same threshold (about 2 mark difference and that varies year to year). Above 50 in both papers will get u an A

Reaction score
For Paper 22(programming techniques), is Visual Basic 2010(VB.Net) accepted....I have seen only vb6 and vb5 in marking schemes. Pls tell me soon.

Reaction score
but in paper 2 there isnt any project :S
I know, but we must write a program or part of it using a high level language. But I have never seen vb2010 or vb.net in marking schemes. Will i lose marks for using vb.net or vb2010?

Reaction score
For Paper 22(programming techniques), is Visual Basic 2010(VB.Net) accepted....I have seen only vb6 and vb5 in marking schemes. Pls tell me soon.

Well, even I have not seen .NET in marking schemes. But in the questions, they say "use a High-level programming language of your choice". I think it will be okay.

Don't you know VB 6? or VB 5? who knows what will go wrong :)

It will be better if you at least learn the basics of VB 6, which is much easier than .NET

and I'm sorry, I replied late.

Reaction score

You can just write "Visual Basic .Net" This is ok...Trust me I have already done that in ON 2011 and got 84%