• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Concerning Oct/Nov examination sessions

Reaction score
I'll try to describe my situation as briefly as possible.

Right now I am taking 4 AS levels: maths, physics, biology, and chemistry. Naturally, I'm finding four subjects very difficult but I want to sit exams for all four so I don't want to drop any subject once and for all.

I asked a few of my friends if it's a good idea to focus on 3 subjects right now, do exams in the May/June 2014 session and then sit for the 4th subject in the Oct/Nov 2014 session. Some of my friends said that the Oct/Nov session is only for people who are retaking exams to improve their grades and not for first-timers like me. Is that true?

Reaction score

Right now I am taking 4 AS levels: maths, physics, biology, and chemistry. Naturally, I'm finding four subjects very difficult but I want to sit exams for all four so I don't want to drop any subject once and for all.

I asked a few of my friends if it's a good idea to focus on 3 subjects right now, do exams in the May/June 2014 session and then sit for the 4th subject in the Oct/Nov 2014 session. Some of my friends said that the Oct/Nov session is only for people who are retaking exams to improve their grades and not for first-timers like me. Is that true?

I'm doing the oct/nov 2013 exams, and this is the first time i'm doing cie, so i don't think so. But you can call the center and check i suppose to be safe.

Reaction score
I'm doing the oct/nov 2013 exams, and this is the first time i'm doing cie, so i don't think so. But you can call the center and check i suppose to be safe.
Hmm. That is quite reassuring. I want to listen to more answers in order to make up my mind. But I guess I'll have to call the center.

Reaction score
it is not so true
well for may/june the papers is slightly a bot easy than in oct/nov
well thats your choice
if i was in your place i would have opted for may/june
the quicker it is the better is it
if you found yourself ready for this go ahead
otherwise dont listen to others as its your money who will be wasted not for them
:)
:oops:

Reaction score

ur frnds have some wrong info I think, such things doesnt matter at all. Whenever you take it, its okay. Yes but I have heard by some people that distinctions come only in MJ session, though I am not sure.
black widow do you know anything about it?

Reaction score
ur frnds have some wrong info I think, such things doesnt matter at all. Whenever you take it, its okay. Yes but I have heard by some people that distinctions come only in MJ session, though I am not sure.
black widow do you know anything about it?
yes thats true that distinctions come at may/june
because the paper is much more easier than oct/nov
have you ever check a past exams book
if not try and do soo u will see the difference
:cool:

Reaction score
there is ntg lyk the papers are asy in M/j and hard in o/n
if u knw the things then every paper is the same
n ya i got distingstion in O/N last yearr
i m appearin as level Maths,Physics,Chemistry, AICt this O/N/13