• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

confuse

Reaction score
guys i need a bit of help say it advice.
i have given my as level with three science subjects and got mashallah three a's.
i have further maths too inshallah i will be giving 4 subjects next year.
i like to make it 5 and i i am thinking of a subject that needs least attention cuz all my other subjects are really tough.
i have chem phy maths and further maths.
so please kindly suggest me 1 subject that i can handle.
REMEMBER: THE SUBJECT SHOULD NEED LEAST ATTENTION AND HIGH PROBABILITY OF GETTING a IN IT.

Reaction score
grumpy said:
guys i need a bit of help say it advice.
i have given my as level with three science subjects and got mashallah three a's.
i have further maths too inshallah i will be giving 4 subjects next year.
i like to make it 5 and i i am thinking of a subject that needs least attention cuz all my other subjects are really tough.
i have chem phy maths and further maths.
so please kindly suggest me 1 subject that i can handle.
REMEMBER: THE SUBJECT SHOULD NEED LEAST ATTENTION AND HIGH PROBABILITY OF GETTING a IN IT.
why do u want it to 5!!! just leave it like this!!what if u give least attention to it and u end up in a bad grade!!that'll just spoil ur result!!
no need to give extra papers!just give those subjects which are required for ur further education!
regards,
zahra muhammad

Reaction score
say i need a 5 subject hall and its worth for scholarships too.
actually i need 5 subjects for better chances for scholarship
@princesszahara insahllah i'll give due time to each subject.inshallah

Reaction score
^lol! World History is a double credit subject that clashes with the paper of Further Maths every year, and in no way will it be a subject requiring the least attention. You may check out Thinking Skills. It's a subject that requires only high intellectual ability and almost no preparation. Though, TS has a very low percentage of A*s but you can get an A if you approach this subject analytically.

Reaction score
World history is analytical. If you think there is lot of learning involve than that is not the case.

Reaction score
anyone else.
@destined007 i suppose world history will be too much.
yes thinking skills is a good subject.
are there any other subjects please tell me then it will be easy for me to decide.
regards
grumpy (not original name)

Reaction score
In A'levels, no subject is too easy to ensure an automatic A/A*. Simply scroll down the list of subjects available (http://xtremepapers.net/CIE/index.php?d ... S%20Level/), find out more about them and then decide which would interest you the most. You may consider Thinking Skills (as mentioned), General Paper, Urdu, Business Studies etc.

Reaction score
I was telling you to take world history becuase social science subjects are the second in valuation after your core subjects.

Reaction score
As princess said you already have too much on your plate but if you think you will be able to do justice to the fifth subject then go for GP (usually AS only, so half a credit but universities do count it as a full subject and is good for scholarships) or if you are good in languages then go with English (not English Literature) or Urdu (less preferred since it has no value abroad).

Reaction score
@destined: Even if World History is analytically approached, you have to read and prepare alot for it and it is time consuming. Plus, it's one of the most difficult subjects to get an A in.

Reaction score
That way you have to prepare for every subject.
Anyway, you can take economics too.

Reaction score
Obviously! But World History is one of the most challenging subjects of A'levels. Btw, you don't have to prepare much for GP and Thinking Skills.

Reaction score
Economics?

I have 4 A Level subjects (got 4As in AS) and have decided to take up Economics and appear for it in one year. Bad choice?

Reaction score
Hey do u know about any good World History teacher here in Karachi??