• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

confusions related pak st/ Islamiat 2013 june/july

Reaction score
I want to know the exact paper pattern for pakistan studies and Islamiat?
and as well as how to score an A*?
which books i need to learn from? and what practice i need to do?
As well as important tips for appearing in exams and time management and usefull tips related to these subjects?
and i hav'nt started anything yet, and i am confused about how to start preparing? :|

Reaction score
I want to know the exact paper pattern for pakistan studies and Islamiat?
and as well as how to score an A*?
which books i need to learn from? and what practice i need to do?
As well as important tips for appearing in exams and time management and usefull tips related to these subjects?
and i hav'nt started anything yet, and i am confused about how to start preparing? :|
- get nigel kelly and bajwa book for history. solve all the questions of 14 and 7 marks which are possible by reading bajwa and kelly. download my 4 marks notes.
- do all the past papers from 2003-2012 without looking at the answers. don't use past paper book answers but rather mark scheme. just read any geo book once before getting started with past papers. you need to work more on geo than history. past paper practice is only key to success.
-read as much as you can for islamiat. try to read and memorise as much facts and details as you can from any book. all that matters most is your information. try solving tricky questions and give atleast 10 tests for each paper to develop good writing speed and expression. examiner reports and specimen answers of specimen papers are very useful.

Reaction score
Thankyou.
and what about Geography maps?
nd which chapter is more important in geography?
and in Islamiat personalities and companions are important?

Reaction score
i also wnted help regarding history,geo n islamiat.....
i hav problem ovr remembrring facts,cities,altitudes,heights,etc in geo?
plz help me....
i hav no tym cuz only 3 months r left......:cry::confused:

Reaction score
Thankyou.
and what about Geography maps?
nd which chapter is more important in geography?
and in Islamiat personalities and companions are important?

- you MUST know importance of each personality in islamic history and their main events with Holy Prophet(pbuh). their whole life, birthdate etc are not important.

- topography and climate, agriculture, industries and trade are main chapter out of which most of the paper is made. they are mostly interlinked. population is easy and small topic to do and comes almost every year.

- you should know about location and name of atleast two areas for each industry, forest type, mine etc. you should identify longitudinal and latitudinal lines which are mentioned in syllabus. I think this will be enough. coz in my past paper practice and in mj2012 paper i did whole paper just with this basic info and i never needed to look at other maps. this is enough.

Reaction score
- you MUST know importance of each personality in islamic history and their main events with Holy Prophet(pbuh). their whole life, birthdate etc are not important.

- topography and climate, agriculture, industries and trade are main chapter out of which most of the paper is made. they are mostly interlinked. population is easy and small topic to do and comes almost every year.

- you should know about location and name of atleast two areas for each industry, forest type, mine etc. you should identify longitudinal and latitudinal lines which are mentioned in syllabus. I think this will be enough. coz in my past paper practice and in mj2012 paper i did whole paper just with this basic info and i never needed to look at other maps. this is enough.
Well you are right.

Reaction score

Good points.

Reaction score
i also wnted help regarding history,geo n islamiat.....
i hav problem ovr remembrring facts,cities,altitudes,heights,etc in geo?
plz help me....
i hav no tym cuz only 3 months r left......:cry::confused:
you don't need to memorise so much things. don't worry. as i said earlier just memorise two locations for each industry, mines, forest etc and their location. no need of heights at all. for geo, start doing past papers from mark schemes. don't look for answer without trying to do it urself. you will get new questions in ur paper and don't have mark scheme in examination hall ;).
get bajwa book from store and do as all the possible questions from past papers and book's question bank so you have all the point for any question which comes in paper. one common mistake people make is to waste precious time is memorising extra dates and other things in history and not doing geo enough. reading book would not be too helpful in geo.

Reaction score
thnx
you don't need to memorise so much things. don't worry. as i said earlier just memorise two locations for each industry, mines, forest etc and their location. no need of heights at all. for geo, start doing past papers from mark schemes. don't look for answer without trying to do it urself. you will get new questions in ur paper and don't have mark scheme in examination hall ;).
get bajwa book from store and do as all the possible questions from past papers and book's question bank so you have all the point for any question which comes in paper. one common mistake people make is to waste precious time is memorising extra dates and other things in history and not doing geo enough. reading book would not be too helpful in geo.
plz hlp me to get an A* N TEL ME HW 2 manage tym while doin paper?

Reaction score
thnx
plz hlp me to get an A* N TEL ME HW 2 manage tym while doin paper?
divide one question in 25 min in history. 2-3 min for 4 marks, 7-10 min for and rest if time for 14 marks. give full length tests to improve the speed. you should have done all the possible question atleast one time to makesure that u dont have to waste time in thinking abt points. you should have enough practice that you start writing as soon as u read the question.
in isl do ayats in 10 minutes. if you have a good ratta for pre-written explanation of (a) and (b) it is too much time for 4 short paragraphs. make sure that you have got ur answers checked by ur teacher before memorising them. rest of question will get completed in 20 minutes for (a) and about 5 min for (b). read statement of question many times, underline each word and makesure that you don't fall in any trap of examiners. this time my friend for one 10 marks question all wrong due to misunderstanding of question.
in urdu you have plenty of time. think about every point in detail and calculate in mind about word limit for each paragraph. make use of ur time in thinking before each word so that u write difficult vocabulary and don't have spelling mistakes. plan carefully.

Reaction score
than what else i am suppose to do for Geography?
I got huma naz book for geo, nd fazal karim book, from which i am willing to prepare maps,
wont it be enough?

Reaction score
than what else i am suppose to do for Geography?
I got huma naz book for geo, nd fazal karim book, from which i am willing to prepare maps,
wont it be enough?
past papers without book is better than book without past papers. just read the book once thoroughly, through ur book and start doing past papers. u won't need to look into it till exams if u have past papers practice.
for geo, only one thing can help you. PAST PAPERS+MARKSCHEME. keep it in mind that reading too much book without past papers can not guarantee even an A.

Reaction score
so if i practice past papers only will it reqlly be enough to get an A*
yes it means but you have to do them with markschemes. when i first started doing past papers it was almost impossible even though i had prepared that chapter from book. then i found that the answer of the questions are not from book. they depend on ur own general thinking about the culture and geography of pakistan and your knowledge of industries, trade and agriculture. sometimes you know the answer already but that does not come to ur mind because you think that the question demands what you read in book but what they actually demand is REAL world answers which u know but don't realise that they will be the answer. as u do more past papers, put pressure on ur mind and progress, u will be able to give answers which you will first think that will be wrong but u will surprised to see that they are actual answer. for example in a question they asked that why high amount of water is required in a dairy farm. I was one point short of required points. the idea came in my mind that maybe the water is required to add in milk to increase the amount. but i thought that it can not be the answer. i was surprised to see that this was the answer in the mark scheme. when i reached 2011 past papers which were latest in my time, i did 99% of paper correct and my mind figured the answer quickly. during this time i had no time to read the book and gave final papers without reading book. i think i last time read book before 2 months before papers. know there is not enough time to read book. just take a week to read it if u have never read it completely and then move to the past papers. don't rush when doing past papers. think deeply on questions and write whatever comes in ur mind. when u check ur answer from mark scheme write the correct answer and think why ur answer come wrong. I can not believe that someone has done past papers from 2003+and has not got an A.