• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Discussion Of Chemistry ATP; 24 hours have passed.

Reaction score
Coz the two chem threads were locked yesterday, and still hvnt been opened, i just made a new thread :p.

So is a suction pump the same thing as a pippete filler?

Reaction score
Coz the two chem threads were locked yesterday, and still hvnt been opened, i just made a new thread :p.

So is a suction pump the same thing as a pippete filler?

yeah, it's the same thing :) What was the answer to the last part of the graph question? o.o

Reaction score
I can picture the examiner report for the last question: 'This was by far the least correctly attempted questions, with very few candidates producing correct answers.'
LOL

Anyways I got it wrong. I made very silly mistakes which will cost me like 4-6 marks :(

-There was one with test tubes for which answer was I and IV,
-Barium sulphate is insoluble so filter, rinse, dry in folds of filter paper,
-For the speed of reaction graph the third option in the bullet list was the fastest, the second was less fast with same moles and the first bullet was the slowest with least moles (lowest constant line).
-Mr was supposed to be 39. I made an error before this question for which i will lose one mark.
-No answers were to be rounded at any point apart from the last step btw
-I wrote KMnO4 as the agent and purple to colourless for it.

Yeah thats all i can remember for now xD

Reaction score
could be 65-70. depending on your graph reading
okay cool. And what about the heating apparatus thingy? Did we have to mention the water bath, or a bunsen burner, wire guaze and tripod stand? :/

Reaction score
okay cool. And what about the heating apparatus thingy? Did we have to mention the water bath, or a bunsen burner, wire guaze and tripod stand? :/
Water bath and electric heater were the only two correct answers. At least in previous mark schemes this has been the rule. Bunsen burner is by all means incorrect.

Reaction score
I can picture the examiner report for the last question: 'This was by far the least correctly attempted questions, with very few candidates producing correct answers.'
LOL

Anyways I got it wrong. I made very silly mistakes which will cost me like 4-6 marks :(

-For the speed of reaction graph the third option in the bullet list was the fastest, the second was less fast with same moles and the first bullet was the slowest with least moles (lowest constant line).
-Mr was supposed to be 39. I made an error before this question for which i will lose one mark.

speed of reaction's answer was D .

Reaction score
speed of reaction's answer was D .
Yeah i don't remember the options. I just remember that there were two with greater moles (when you apply the formula), and one with different, which was less in moles. From the two greatest, I think it was 50 cm3 that turned out to be the fastest, but I don't recall the figures/choices, Just the technique.

Reaction score
LOL

Naa, the moles part could be rounded off, coz in the chem ATP past papers, most of their answers are rounded off to either two significant figures or three significant figures. There was one past paper in particular that had nearly exactly the same answers as those in our paper, but in the same past paper's mark scheme they had rounded off to two significant figures. So i guess rounding off is allowed to some extent.

Reaction score
Naa, the moles part could be rounded off, coz in the chem ATP past papers, most of their answers are rounded off to either two significant figures or three significant figures. There was one past paper in particular that had nearly exactly the same answers as those in our paper, but in the same past paper's mark scheme they had rounded off to two significant figures. So i guess rounding off is allowed to some extent.
correct.

Reaction score
Actually for the mass of metal M i wrote 39.2 or something, forgot to round it off.

Reaction score

Really? Because in my case the calculations are always incorrect even if i round them to three significant figures.
Anyways the 39.2 WAS obviously supposed to be rounded.