• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

discussion of physics ppr 2 AS

Reaction score
just wondering the skeching the area, i tot the area between curves represent loss of enery such thermal energy!
and similar question is in may/june 2002 paper 1 question24, if it's the area between the curves, there is no answer for the question so i doubt it!!

Reaction score
ahmed t said:
wat were ur forces acting on the card board.
for the beta particle i wrote they are too small and negativly charged so attracted to the nucleus
oh yes i got exactly same answer as u! and i just guessed :p

Reaction score
the energy is the are between the curves im sure.
hey i found the wrong current out in the elecricity wen finding the voltage do u think i can still get marks for working

Reaction score
if i get a b in and a b in p3 but A's in p4,5,1 could i still get an A in the whole A level

Reaction score
there was no need in finding the current in electricity questions, potential divider formula did all the work!

Reaction score
Kz99 said:
there was no need in finding the current in electricity questions, potential divider formula did all the work!
ok wat about the force acting on the cardboard i wrote restoring force which is wrong
and force of the rod which was upward

Reaction score
well the question didn't say it was hanging on a frictionless wooden rod, so i wrote friction and the other force was the reaction force,Am not sure if these are the correct forces though.

Reaction score
Kz99 said:
well the question didn't say it was hanging on a frictionless wooden rod, so i wrote friction and the other force was the reaction force,Am not sure if these are the correct forces though.
sorry for the bother but 2 last question s
wher will the card stop and why
and why not use the calibrated voltmeter i said cause at 0 deg the volts is more than 10 and to change voltage significantly needs a big temp differince

Reaction score
I just wrote the opposite way, in which it was held, because the line of action of the rod must pass through the centre of gravity, and am not sure about this answer also, about the electricity, I didn't understand the question , I just wrote it would disturb the operation of the thermistor..i dunno

Reaction score
i actually worked out max voltage and minimum voltage ( max: 4.3v min: 3. sth,)
so the max voltage is no more than 5 therefore if we use 5 voltmeter instead of 10 voltmeter, we could measure more specifialy.
i am not sure tho i just guessed it wasn easy paper, kinda tricky

Reaction score
Ok guys for ratio question of intensity of waves

i just did (amplitude ^2)/(other amplitude ^2)

is this correct? Becasue intensity is proportional to a^2

Reaction score
Raptor said:
Ok guys for ratio question of intensity of waves

i just did (amplitude ^2)/(other amplitude ^2)

is this correct? Becasue intensity is proportional to a^2
Yes.