• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

do i need to take SATs ??

Reaction score
hey i just completed my As .. grades were pathetic .. B , B , D and E .. i m inshAllah gonna apply for medical .. do i need to take my SATs for that ?? if i m applyin only for pakistan ,, plz help ppl

Reaction score
You seriously need to repeat your Alevels and get straight A*s. Sat is not required but you will have to perform extremely well in MCAT. Then you might have a chance in medical as its very tough to get in.

Reaction score
Dude DO NOT take SATs until or unless you are willingly ready to pay your med. school fees in dollars. This option is only for students applying FROM abroad(you come as an international student to the local med schools) OR local students APPLYING ABROAD( american/canadian universities crude requirement).Yep, med schools here rip you off.I would suggest you repeat the subjects in which you believe you are good(e.g. biology or chemistry) and have a chance to bring up to an A while work hard in others in which you are average.In that manner your cumulative grade average can come up to 85+ or so at very least in A levels. Ofcourse than you need to work hard for MCAT. All my suggestions above are mandatory to follow should you want admission in a reputable government med school in Karachi.
For Ziauddin, Liaquat, Altamash(dental), Jinnah get B C C ATLEAST. Do well in MCAT and you are good to go.
Any more questions...feel free to pm or continue the thread.