• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Do retaking the GCE exams hurts your chances at getting to a good university?

Reaction score
I know this might be a silly question, but if you retake the GCE exams privately, does it hurt your chances at getting into a good university?

I was told once that you could selectively choose which scores to send universities so they would never know you retook the exam more than once. Is this still true or is it now mandatory to tell universities how many times you took this particular O/A level exam?

If this all sounds incoherent, let me break it down:

1. Is it mandatory to tell American or British universities how many times you retook a private GCE O/A Level exam?

Reaction score
Reappearing won't effect your chances of getting into a university provided that you don't send them your previous results.
Any average university in the world will have more than 10000 applicants or so per year. Do you really think that they've got enough time to check the number of sittings of each individual applicant? I don't think so :p