• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Do you need to remember Chemistry AS to give A2??

Reaction score
I know...the title makes me sound like a dimwit...
But I really, really wanna know if we need to remember the AS parts of the syllabus (a.k.a. the parts which are NOT bold) if we're giving ONLY chemistry A2 in the session (say, May/June 16)...
I've just given AS THIS May/June and I'm certain that by November I'll have forgotten it all ... (my memory sucks at its job, and chemistry isn't my forte at all...and ALL THOSE FRICKIN' REACTIONS...they make me go round and round)
I'll be really grateful if someone tells me.
In Sha'a Allah we'll all get A's (for AS) and A*'s this session!

Reaction score
But I really, really wanna know if we need to remember the AS parts of the syllabus (a.k.a. the parts which are NOT bold) if we're giving ONLY chemistry A2 in the session (say, May/June 16)...
I've just given AS THIS May/June and I'm certain that by November I'll have forgotten it all ... (my memory sucks at its job, and chemistry isn't my forte at all...and ALL THOSE FRICKIN' REACTIONS...they make me go round and round)
Hmm... Im sorry dude... You have to have grip on AS too... And Organic chemistry of both AS A2 will come in A2... Plus electronegetivity, solubilities, hesses law, dot and cross structures, reaction of AgNO3 with halides etc, this all can come again.... So make sure you dont forget these things...
InShaa Allah :)

Reaction score
Hmm... Im sorry dude... You have to have grip on AS too... And Organic chemistry of both AS A2 will come in A2... Plus electronegetivity, solubilities, hesses law, dot and cross structures, reaction of AgNO3 with halides etc, this all can come again.... So make sure you dont forget these things...
InShaa Allah :)
Thnx for telling me.

Reaction score
U really need to know the As part bcz in this may june session i gave A2 and didn't study the As part bcz of shortage of time and many portions of the paper were related to As which I didn't remember at all
The funny thing is I didn't even remember which reagent is used ro break an alkene
I would suggest u to give the complete alevel that is As and A2 if u donot get a good grade because it will greatly help u in getting a good grade

Reaction score
U really need to know the As part bcz in this may june session i gave A2 and didn't study the As part bcz of shortage of time and many portions of the paper were related to As which I didn't remember at all
The funny thing is I didn't even remember which reagent is used ro break an alkene
I would suggest u to give the complete alevel that is As and A2 if u donot get a good grade because it will greatly help u in getting a good grade
Thank you ... i'll probably give A2 this O/N....gonna register this week