• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Does A or A* in every subject ensure I'll get a good scholarship in my abroad studies?

Reaction score
Seems like that's all I can think of right now. That coveted 'A'. But I'm just wondering, does it help in getting scholarship or does it depend on SATs and whatnot.

Reaction score
Um, I think they matter but they're not the only thing that do. I think the most important as AS grades, SAT and your school transcript/ECAs.

Reaction score
Depends on which country your applying to. If u want to go to america, then SAT scores and essays are what matters most. They'll also ask for ur A'level results since they need high school transcripts but they won't really be the basis of your admission.
If you wanna go to England or Australia though, its the A's that matter and nothing else:cool: Australia is a pretty nice option since some uni's there offer full 100% scholarships, which is pretty rare nowadays, but be aware that their very few in number and hard to get. Most uni's require u to have atleast 4A's to be seriously 'considered' for these scholarships.

Hope that helped :)