• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Does Business, Economics and Mathematics count as complete alevels?

Reaction score
Hello guys. A student of mine is taking these 3 subjects for her alevels. I've heard that Business and economics when taken together have half credit. So my question is that will taking the 3 subjects: Business, economics and mathematics count as complete alevels? Will a student taking these subs be considered an Alevel graduate by uniuversities?

P.S. She aims to apply to foreign universities in the Business/Management/Communication streams.

Reaction score
Yes, although she should consider taking a fourth subject as well.
Why do you say that? Do universities abroad prefer students having 4 subjects? And i recommended the same thing to her as better to be safe than sorry.

What 4th subject would you recommend her taking? She doesn't have a lot of time since she didn't take AS and she has her SATs in October, November and December. So considering this workload, what subject would you recommend her taking?

Reaction score
Why do you say that? Do universities abroad prefer students having 4 subjects? And i recommended the same thing to her as better to be safe than sorry.

What 4th subject would you recommend her taking? She doesn't have a lot of time since she didn't take AS and she has her SATs in October, November and December. So considering this workload, what subject would you recommend her taking?
Some universities prefer it, while some require it.

I would recommend any one of the following:
Applied Information and Communication Technology (9713)
Accounting (9706)
English - Language (9093)

Since she doesn't have much time, her best option is English Language (in my opinion).

Reaction score
add accounts to the subject list .. without it you cannot be a complete business student .. the Business Studies you have in the A-levels is a summarized version of marketing, operations, finance, project management, human resources, basically the major functions of an organization ... as for the time thing ... take a Gap Year and do internships (different types) in the gap year, give SAT2s, learn MS Excel in detail (with VBA programming), explore your career options, study programs like Breaking Into Wall Street (Investment Banking, Equity Research, Private Equity) .. it will not harm her university application ... the idea being that she will explore the Real World something no university can give her the exposure to

as for the resources for the above material i have mentioned em on many other posts just check em out