• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Done with Chemistry Paper 6 Variant 2 (62)

Reaction score
wat was the answer for the electrolysis question...

Why does it take time to evolve???????

And is it ok to write Litmus paper for the acidity test? last page

yeah litmus paper is okay
it takes time as chlorine gas is soluble so early volumse dissolve in the water.

Reaction score
concentrated HCl still has some water init.
chlorine is also HIGLY soluble, making it enough.

Reaction score
Hey chucky what was the temp of the water after 1 hour? the graph... It actually rose since the last noted temprature was 19degress.. and one more.. whats the change that happen in experiment 2? is it endothermic or what?? Thanks alot

Reaction score
no need to heat, just keep it there for a while it will automatically diffuse out of the drink.

record the volumes

remember, they said one bottle!
no common lab apparatus can hold that much!moreover, it would take a along time to get all that gas out
so you take a little, and wait for all of it to escape (by waiting to see when the plunger doesn't move)

then do a little ratio to find out how much one bottle will have.

thats what i wrote. even if thats wrong it doesn't matter cause all the apparatuses and idealogy behind the experiment is okay.
I'm afraid heating is neccsessay! They said that if heat was applied, gas is released faster.

Reaction score
yeah litmus paper is okay
it takes time as chlorine gas is soluble so early volumse dissolve in the water.
i think because chloride ions are scattered around so they need some time to approach to the anode

Reaction score
Hey chucky what was the temp of the water after 1 hour? the graph... It actually rose since the last noted temprature was 19degress.. and one more.. whats the change that happen in experiment 2? is it endothermic or what?? Thanks alot
yeah endothermic and the temp rises back to ROOM temperature.
they'll be looking for the word. ROOM