• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Dreams..

Reaction score
Sometimes dreams are to good to be true and we can actually live it:).... But sometimes they are just to embarassing, thank goodness that they didn't come true :censored:.

Reaction score
So, what science says about dreams. How, why and when they occur?
Idk if my answer applies to the science perspective but the function of dreams is basically a mystery. No one knows why exactly they occur, there are not certain answers, but there are various theories which to some extend all seem valid.
1) Dreams allow people to express unconscious wishes they find unacceptable in real life. (dreams with a hidden meaning)
2) Dreams are basically brain sparks that occur when neurons in the brain randomly activate during REM sleep.
3) Dreams express people’s most pressing concerns and might help to solve problems in day-to-day life.
4) Dreams are a way of cleaning up brain files. Like eliminating all the excess neurons and stuff.

These are just a couple of them. There are many more theories as to why people dream. But we dont know what the correct one is.

Reaction score
Idk if my answer applies to the science perspective but the function of dreams is basically a mystery. No one knows why exactly they occur, there are not certain answers, but there are various theories which to some extend all seem valid.
1) Dreams allow people to express unconscious wishes they find unacceptable in real life. (dreams with a hidden meaning)
2) Dreams are basically brain sparks that occur when neurons in the brain randomly activate during REM sleep.
3) Dreams express people’s most pressing concerns and might help to solve problems in day-to-day life.
4) Dreams are a way of cleaning up brain files. Like eliminating all the excess neurons and stuff.

These are just a couple of them. There are many more theories as to why people dream. But we dont know what the correct one is.
Wow Sis .......! Awesome <3

Reaction score

What about controlling the dreams. Heard anything like that?

Reaction score
What about controlling the dreams. Heard anything like that?
No, I've never heard of controlling dreams, I dont think theres such a thing.
But like people forget 95% of their dreams, so there are some ways that help you remember your dreams again.
There are meds that can stop your dreams altogether. Obviously, they have no control over the content of the dreams.

Reaction score
No, I've never heard of controlling dreams, I dont think theres such a thing.
But like people forget 95% of their dreams, so there are some ways that help you remember your dreams again.
There are meds that can stop your dreams altogether. Obviously, they have no control over the content of the dreams.
We do have the ability to control our dreams, it's when we know (in our dream) that we are actually dreaming, this is called Lucid Dreaming (Science).