• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ECF marks in 7110

Reaction score
do we get marks of error carried forward in principles of Accounts.
To be precise i attempted oct/07/p2/q6 where i messed up in purchases and closing stock values. Both these affected the balance sheet and profit and loss and appropriation account. Suprisingly though, my balance sheet balanced as i had added the amount of $1620 in creditors, closing stock and purchases.
Please help ASAP tomorow is the big day!

Reaction score
so is it applicable in accounts paper??
and i am talking with reference to the question i mentioned earlier..

Reaction score
ok gotcha! i think u might lose some marks! 2-3 maybe. even tough ur balance sheet balances off, your value for creditors wud be wrong. u wudnt lose marks for the wrong creditors value, but will lose marks where u used ecf!

Reaction score
Dude, the value of $1620 was to be included in the purchases and creditors but not closing stock. Where esle, i did include it in closing stock as well..
By the way, i've realised the mistake. The journal entry for credit purchases should have been made in rough. that shows it all. Debit Purchases and Credit Creditor's A/C. it doesn't affect the inventory account.

Reaction score
U will just loose marks on the first part that went wrong.On others part ECF will apply