• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ECO A LEVEL PAPER P4 Difficulty level

Reaction score
data response was one of the easiest i ever came across while essay was above avg in difficuly required knowledge and good analysis in case and proper evaluation i guess g.t could range from 46 to 49 :)

Reaction score
Umm can someone please inbox me the answers for the questions no. 3 and 5 for section B please?

Reaction score
data response was one of the easiest i ever came across while essay was above avg in difficuly required knowledge and good analysis in case and proper evaluation i guess g.t could range from 46 to 49 :)

Which variant did you do?

I did variant 1 and thought all the essays except for one of them were really easy, whilst the data response had a tricky bit or two but was generally good.

I reckon you're right about the threshold, they're always between 46 an 49 to be honest!

Reaction score
Which variant did you do?

I did variant 1 and thought all the essays except for one of them were really easy, whilst the data response had a tricky bit or two but was generally good.

I reckon you're right about the threshold, they're always between 46 an 49 to be honest!
variant 42 (pakistan)

Reaction score
The threshold varied very little from year to year. So even if this year's difficulty level is pretty high, the lowest it can get is 47 I think. I did variant 42 and I think the threshold should be 48 since it is not that difficult compared to the same 42 paper last June.

Reaction score
it could get 46 becaus essay if looked closely were quite analytical and only 2 qs repeated q7 dito repeated and q6 indirectly repeated however this data respone was the easiest i ever solved i did 15 data respone but this one was more like small business case study :p

Reaction score
it could get 46 becaus essay if looked closely were quite analytical and only 2 qs repeated q7 dito repeated and q6 indirectly repeated however this data respone was the easiest i ever solved i did 15 data respone but this one was more like small business case study :p
The reason why I thought the threshold was 48 was due to Q7 and data response. I was so happy when I saw the last question. I was really well-prepared for this kind of question. But as you said, other essay questions were not easy at all. Can we talk about the paper right now? It's been 24 hours.

Reaction score
The reason why I thought the threshold was 48 was due to Q7 and data response. I was so happy when I saw the last question. I was really well-prepared for this kind of question. But as you said, other essay questions were not easy at all. Can we talk about the paper right now? It's been 24 hours.
in qs 7 i wrote well market system (free mixed command) within that markets structues perfect imperfect than defined economics efficiency described clearly alllocative then draw and wrote about perfect competition and told in long run allocative occurs then theoretical model not applicable wrote about monopoly allocatively unefficient and xefficient but dynamic efficiency than can use to make innovative and satisfactory producct thus satisfy demand allocatively efficient p=mc not in this case as high fixed cost wrote about govet intervention like mc costing to make sure allocative efficiency or anti merger regulationother than that externalities public good doest ensure allocative efficiency as P=mc becasue of external cost and public goods prices not registered than told abt govt failure and how this lead to underconspution and dead weight loss conclusion theory of secound best fit/ mc in case cant be calculate which market system we are taking abt/as basic economics proble prevail all around the world means that no markets sysyem as ever perfectly been allocatively efficient :) i think i deserve 23 :p

Reaction score
What was the data response on variant 2? I did variant 1 and it was essentially theory of the firm, but they also asked you to talk about how macroeconomic policy affects microeconomic decisions from the extract.

Reaction score
in qs 7 i wrote well market system (free mixed command) within that markets structues perfect imperfect than defined economics efficiency described clearly alllocative then draw and wrote about perfect competition and told in long run allocative occurs then theoretical model not applicable wrote about monopoly allocatively unefficient and xefficient but dynamic efficiency than can use to make innovative and satisfactory producct thus satisfy demand allocatively efficient p=mc not in this case as high fixed cost wrote about govet intervention like mc costing to make sure allocative efficiency or anti merger regulationother than that externalities public good doest ensure allocative efficiency as P=mc becasue of external cost and public goods prices not registered than told abt govt failure and how this lead to underconspution and dead weight loss conclusion theory of secound best fit/ mc in case cant be calculate which market system we are taking abt/as basic economics proble prevail all around the world means that no markets sysyem as ever perfectly been allocatively efficient :) i think i deserve 23 :p
Wow I think yours should be a 25. I only wrote in a very routine way, explaining economic efficiency first and it can be only achieved in perfect competition and then stating all the market failures with the reasons about why inefficiencies are caused and concluding that it can't be achieved in the reality. But don't u think this question might not require the discussion about the govt role even though I would've written if I had enough time. I expect to get a 21/22. So I really hope yours which was clearly better than mine can get a 25.. And which else did u choose? I chose the inflation one and didn't feel good. And was the question C in data response about the advantages of economies of scale?

Reaction score
What was the data response on variant 2? I did variant 1 and it was essentially theory of the firm, but they also asked you to talk about how macroeconomic policy affects microeconomic decisions from the extract.
About collusion, firm theory and very microeconomic, which was really rare.

Reaction score
Wow I think yours should be a 25. I only wrote in a very routine way, explaining economic efficiency first and it can be only achieved in perfect competition and then stating all the market failures with the reasons about why inefficiencies are caused and concluding that it can't be achieved in the reality. But don't u think this question might not require the discussion about the govt role even though I would've written if I had enough time. I expect to get a 21/22. So I really hope yours which was clearly better than mine can get a 25.. And which else did u choose? I chose the inflation one and didn't feel good. And was the question C in data response about the advantages of economies of scale?
qs c was a mixed bag u need to tell abt diversification in range of products like shampooo soap leading to riskbearing economis of scale as well as marketing eos (family branding) cross subsidisation and innovation of 1 product helping other ......bro market system (like for e.g mixed economy has govt internvention telling their role was really imp to score above 20 u can chck marking schme of june 2005 q6 same qs repeted :p