• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

eco as an extra sub in A levels

Reaction score
hi guys.................

i have completed my o levels this june....i have come to AS levels....i have done my o levels in science subjects......iam continuing with phy and chem in A levels as well... but i want to keep economics as an extra sub.... plzz suggest me....should i go with it? is it easy? i dont want a bad grade.......i have nt studied o levels eco....plzzz suggest me....

Reaction score
A level Eco is actually hard, specially if you haven't done it in your O levels! How about you opt for Business Studies?

Reaction score
For me economics is far more interesting. Business studies is quite easy but i find it boring and lengthy...plus economics is i guess more *creditable*. I have seen the AS economics book and syllabus and its not anything but the one we studied in O-levels that was pretty easy. @vishal, why don't u check out the syllabuses of both?? Might help u to make out for what u can learn easily. And do contact ur tchrz..They understand ur calibre and might suggest which one is better to choose..!! Good Luckk..!! :)

Reaction score
You definitely can opt for Economic in A'levels even if you haven't done it before in O'levels. Economics will provide diversity for your subject combinations and will be credited immensely.