• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics 2281/12: How did it go???

Reaction score
Nah, they wanted to reduce migration, so the aim of that action was to increase employment in rural areas. That's it.

External costs are related to consumption or production. One individual who migrates, might contribute to pollution.. and all of the increased population might collectively lead to pollution, but it's not much of a valid point. But the question was about the reason for their decision, which is to increase employment in rural areas.
Lol trust me. Your answers = my answers. Like everything :p

Reaction score
Why did they have to make such a difficult paper -_- I mean the past papers were so damn easy. 26/30 is not a good score. :/ approx how much did you guys score?
Motorist question : the government wants to raise tax on motorists to reduce budget deficit, it argues it has to do so to continue with it's existing services. The motorists argue doing so would decrease their revenue.
Options that made sense:
1) inflation and Private sector
2) Public exp and Oppurtunity cost (I chose this one)
Am I correct?

Reaction score
Why did they have to make such a difficult paper -_- I mean the past papers were so damn easy. 26/30 is not a good score. :/ approx how much did you guys score?
Motorist question : the government wants to raise tax on motorists to reduce budget deficit, it argues it has to do so to continue with it's existing services. The motorists argue doing so would decrease their revenue.
Options that made sense:
Am I correct?
Is it like what activites were involved in the situation above?
if so, public exp and opportunity cost would be relevan, government represents the public sector whilst opportunity costs could be many in the situation.
Inflation does not make any sense here? Neither private sector :/

Reaction score
Options that made sense:
Am I correct?
Inflation might make sense but it would be way toooo deep, i mean, the demand by motorists is price-elastic as it says taxing would lower govt revenue but then inflation is affected by overall level of prices not a single element and its like I said, way too deep, doncha think?
And no clear reference to private sector has been made.
Idk, I'm probably going all 'weird' right now,sorry

Reaction score
Inflation might make sense but it would be way toooo deep, i mean, the demand by motorists is price-elastic as it says taxing would lower govt revenue but then inflation is affected by overall level of prices not a single element and its like I said, way too deep, doncha think?
And no clear reference to private sector has been made.
Idk, I'm probably going all 'weird' right now,sorry
Well cost push inflation maybe? I know it's wayyy to deep. That's why I didn't choose it :p

Reaction score
Nah, they wanted to reduce migration, so the aim of that action was to increase employment in rural areas. That's it.

External costs are related to consumption or production. One individual who migrates, might contribute to pollution.. and all of the increased population might collectively lead to pollution, but it's not much of a valid point. But the question was about the reason for their decision, which is to increase employment in rural areas.
I agree with you Bro.

Reaction score
Options that made sense:
Am I correct?
I also chose Public exp and Oppurtunity cost! :D