• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics 42

Reaction score
hey,,

how did it go? mine was okay okay.. left Q1(d) and Q6(b).. hahaha... otherwise it was awesome.. !!

Reaction score
JamesSmith said:
left Q1(d) and Q6(b).

left? u mean u did not answer

mine was good, I hope so, the rest depends on the examiner...... haha

Reaction score
meaning that i didn't write a very well structured answer.. time problem again! i was so short of time that i had to just jot down the points and make the diagrams rather than explain each point properly. rest was all good. I liked the questions that came. and nearly ticked all the 12+13 marks questions...!!! :)

Reaction score
Same here... i did not go for much diagram cause I knew I will mismanage my time. Questions were accessible and I think easier than oct2010.
What did u write for section B? I gave 4 and 6 and what about GT. I think it will be same as most years --> 49 :p

Reaction score
i dont get something...if grade threshold is 49 or 48 like previous yrs ....it is much less than the 80% required for the a...so what if someone gets 78% in his report card....does that refer to percentage or percentile?

Reaction score
Was one of the best exams of mine this time!

The Data Response was pretty easy and straightforward i.e not asking for very uncommon concepts. I particularly thought Q 1.d was easy. We just had to point out the conflicts of Govt policies while they try to increase the demand for domestic goods and exports ( These are again the 2 approaches suggest by economist in the article )

Then I answered Q no 2 and 6. I must say , except one question related to imperfect labour market , the rest were very easy :D

Reaction score
hey.. yea things were pretty obvious this time. no alien concepts or words and definitions. I had put a lot of time studying Gillepsie book so I was working out each concept with the diagram. MEC, philip's curve, keynesian 45, AD, all graphs for market structures.
i also attempted question no. 4 and 6!

we are bound not to discuss the "contents" of the exam paper. therefore guys, we'll have to wait before i/any one of us writes the point of the answers to discuss.

Reaction score
samsung156 said:
Was one of the best exams of mine this time!

The Data Response was pretty easy and straightforward i.e not asking for very uncommon concepts. I particularly thought Q 1.d was easy. We just had to point out the conflicts of Govt policies while they try to increase the demand for domestic goods and exports ( These are again the 2 approaches suggest by economist in the article )

Then I answered Q no 2 and 6. I must say , except one question related to imperfect labour market , the rest were very easy :D

Ditto. I also found 1d easy and answered 2 and 6. We are similar. LOL

Reaction score
Hello111 - Haha , thats nice :)

JamesSmith - Oh yeah I forgot about that :) How is the Gillepsie book by the way? I only studied using The CIE Endorsed book aka the one written by Colin Bamford. I find it pretty straightforward and easy.

And also , are we allowed to attempt more than 2 questions in section B? :| If so , I never knew that!

Reaction score
Gillipsie is a nice book.. got a lot of diagrams and good points for last minute revision!
the question Q1d. was definitely easy and I was able to comprehend even had the rough web made but i didn't have time to complete it. Thank God, i didn't spend time on it otherwise I would have completely missed out Q6b.

Reaction score
JamesSmith said:
meaning that i didn't write a very well structured answer.. time problem again! i was so short of time that i had to just jot down the points and make the diagrams rather than explain each point properly. rest was all good. I liked the questions that came. and nearly ticked all the 12+13 marks questions...!!! :)
dude im SO feelin u ! dis is EXACTLY what hapened with me....time ws such a BAD BAD boy today....i think imma lose 12 marks or smthin :(

odrwise da papers ws eaiser dn i thought :D
kudos to my teacher's notes :D

Reaction score
hey,
yes i am surprised too that only four or five of us appeared in the economics paper... strange though!

anyhow, as the time is over! so let us discuss the questions. But does anyone still remembers them? I don't!!

Reaction score
JamesSmith said:
hey,
yes i am surprised too that only four or five of us appeared in the economics paper... strange though!

anyhow, as the time is over! so let us discuss the questions. But does anyone still remembers them? I don't!!

was ur case study about the fact that increasing taxes is actually bad for the economy and that a low tax rate must be set etc ets and the US president's exaple was given etc.. ? bcoz i did variant 1 and i think variant 2 had a dif case study

section B
did u guys hav a question about whether rate was deterined in a mrket like any other price?
also did u hav a question whose part a talked about differentiation objectives of firms in perfect comp from imperfect mkt structures and part b talked about how there was a link between law of marginial utility and diseconomies of scale?

Reaction score
okay, i don't remember the case study very well but it did have something like underdeveloped economies performing well, their indicators, and strategies were given.

Section B,

there was a question which asked did firms always benefited from increasing the scale of production and are they always in a position to set the prices and output in an economy?

another question asked to discuss whether interest rates are always best method to increase the investment and improve the national income ( i guess)

Cannot recall more..

Reaction score
ookay even i cant recal whether these questions wre there !

guess all we cn do is pray now and perform well in the p3 :(