• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hi,
I myself study A2 Business Studies at home so I have some questions about the exam skills, anyone please help me clear these points:
I see that in the mark scheme for questions 10-15 marks there are points for Evaluation and Analysis. And I see that they occupy for the most of points in the questions.
So what's exactly the meaning of these 2 points Evaluation and Analysis.

As what I understand is:
Analysis is discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the given points in the context
Evaluation is judgement good or bad way and giving advice, for better ways/solutions related to the context.

am I rite?

Reaction score
Economics mcqs make me wanna cry....why so hard eco?! =(

Yeah when we see the options we see two correct options and dun know which to opt such as Nov03 Q18...to me there is no major diff in option B and D...
idk what they want to judgge :mad:
i got 18 out of 30 in nov03

Reaction score
I wanted to know if closing inventory appears in the trial balance? I know it doesn't but just want to make sure....:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Yeah when we see the options we see two correct options and dun know which to opt such as Nov03 Q18...to me there is no major diff in option B and D...
idk what they want to judgge :mad:
i got 18 out of 30 in nov03

IKR!! it's soo not fair!! I mean an A should be like 15 or sthing....i don't even know hw did it reach to 24!!! I can barely get 15 to even think abt gettin 24!!!! =/ =(

Reaction score
I wanted to know if closing inventory appears in the trial balance? I know it doesn't but just want to make sure....:rolleyes:

No it doesn't appear in the trial balance...just the opening stock appears....closing stock appears in the Additional information given!! =)

Reaction score
Hi,
I myself study A2 Business Studies at home so I have some questions about the exam skills, anyone please help me clear these points:
I see that in the mark scheme for questions 10-15 marks there are points for Evaluation and Analysis. And I see that they occupy for the most of points in the questions.
So what's exactly the meaning of these 2 points Evaluation and Analysis.

As what I understand is:
Analysis is discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the given points in the context
Evaluation is judgement good or bad way and giving advice, for better ways/solutions related to the context.

am I rite?

Yeah you are rit o...
the tip for p3 is that, support ur point wid the case study it should not go out of it discuss everything for the case study point of view..
and yeah in EVERY question of p3 you have to give flip side as well not only support ur point but also discuss likely outcome of it...even if the que say what wil be the advantages of such strategic decision to a business....u still have to give disadvantages..

Wish you Goood Luck..
may ALLAH succeed all the candidates :)

Reaction score
IKR!! it's soo not fair!! I mean an A should be like 15 or sthing....i don't even know hw did it reach to 24!!! I can barely get 15 to even think abt gettin 24!!!! =/ =(

I can answer graph question right but theory que jus kill me coz they trick so much in theory mcqs

Reaction score

i can expect only 20 right mcqs till 14june...i mean my practice will make me to get at most 20... :(

Reaction score
i can expect only 20 right mcqs till 14june...i mean my practice will make me to get at most 20... :(

My only hope is that they repeat many questions.....and they give us too many graphs and calculations....