• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Saiyan bro,could you help me with q19 and q22 of May 2005.Sorry no link for the questions.

19. Observe that the savings curve is lying below the origin. This implies dissaving. So when it gets skewed backwards it means that dissavings has decreased and so savings increase. Ans-B

22. Just remember MV=PT=NI which means that if one of the components increase without increasing or decreasing other component then it will also increase national income by same proportion. Ans-A

Reaction score
19. Observe that the savings curve is lying below the origin. This implies dissaving. So when it gets skewed backwards it means that dissavings has decreased and so savings increase. Ans-B

22. Just remember MV=PT=NI which means that if one of the components increase without increasing or decreasing other component then it will also increase national income by same proportion. Ans-A
thanks a lot mate,have loads of other questions as well.You don;t mind if i ask u them right?

Reaction score
i m very bad in eco p3 :p, hope will get answers here, pls do bear my stupid questiosn, my first mcq, got tonnes of those:
paper: http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_s04_qp_3.pdf
question 14, C is the answer but how?
well as a general rule, Monopolists always charge higher prices & produce lower outputs compared to Perfect Competition....
Marginal Cost Pricing means keeping P=MC (property of a Perfect Competition), & incase of Perfect Competition P=AR=MR, so now the AR curve will change & become a horizontal straight line...
P.S.: as far as I have seen, you are good in all the subjects man.... :)

Reaction score
i m very bad in eco p3 :p, hope will get answers here, pls do bear my stupid questiosn, my first mcq, got tonnes of those:

paper: http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_s04_qp_3.pdf

question 14, C is the answer but how?

Good to see you wajiman. Brother this not an easy question so don't feel ashamed and degrade yourself. If the firm is adopting marginal cost pricing it means it is operating at an allocative efficient level as all kind of cost including normal profit is included in the price so consumers are better off without worsening others. Note that external cost are also included there so resource allocation is improved as monopolist charge at MC=MR.

Reaction score
mind explaining how u got it?

If u tawkin about June11 32 Q#7 so here it's explanation!

Qty was 1000 with PED of 1.5, so 10% increase in P cause 15% fall in Q, so new Q will be 1000*85%=850 or 1000*15%=150, 1000-150=850, price is $1. Now apply 10% on new Q to know the TAX revenue i.e 85!
or New qty is 850 and tax per unit is $0.1 so the tax rev will be 85

Reaction score
Reaction score
ok this will be kind of vague for you but Ill hope youll get it.
Remember that C=I+Y where i is investement and y is income and c is consumption.
given that C=30+0.7Y and that Y is 300.
so 0.7x300 is 210,add that with 30 and ull get 240.
Now to find investemnt subtract 240 from 300 and youll get 60.
NY=C=30+.7(300)
300=240+S
S=60
the amount which is saved is not in circulation its a leakage so an Investment of 60 will equate the quilibrium level of income!

Yes gotcha. Thank you, u two! :)

Reaction score
A closed economy is in equilibrium with national income 100m and capital stock 25m. AD increases by 10m. according to accelerator theory, by how much will net investment increase?

A. 10m
B. 5m
C. 2.5m
D. 2m

What accelerator formulae to use?

Reaction score
youzair: 1st question is easy:
Well they said that expenditure increased that means the curve will shift upwards to E1, But then they said that the tax rate also increased...so this income to the government so the curve will MOVE downwards to E3. =)