• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
:oops:
oops my bad..i meant 29
Yup the answer should be d bcoz as interest rates in Uk have risen. Foreign investors would be more willing to put their money in Uk banks to get higher interest returns. That explains the demand curve which will shift to right. And as the transaction would have to be made in sterling, these investors will buy more of this currency, reducing the supply (shifting to left) in the market. Thus the effect will be an appreciation of sterling.

Hope this helps, feel free if have any query

Reaction score
i have a doubts in question 28
http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/International A And AS Level/9708 - Economics/9708_s05_qp_1.pdf

i get that value measured in Yen increases but why does the value measured in dollar falls
if yen depreciates......then doesn't dollar appreciate against yen.......that makes yen imports expensive and dollar exports expensive aswell!
Btw the answer is C! Can anyone explain why?

The answer is c because dollar didn't depreciate but appreciated against yen. If yen has depreciated against US dollars, it means that Us dollars has appreciated against yen. No two Currencies can appreciate and depreciate against each other at the same time.

Reaction score
Another question that made me confused :/
Q. Entries of $700 in the discount received account had not been entered in the creditors' ledger.
During the year a machine was sold for $1000. There was only one entry made and it was a credit in the bank account.
What is the balance on the suspense account?
A. $1700 credit
B. $1700 debit
C. $2700 credit
D. $2700 debit

Reaction score
Another question that made me confused :/
Q. Entries of $700 in the discount received account had not been entered in the creditors' ledger.
During the year a machine was sold for $1000. There was only one entry made and it was a credit in the bank account.
What is the balance on the suspense account?
A. $1700 credit
B. $1700 debit
C. $2700 credit
D. $2700 debit
is the the ans C?

Reaction score
No, its A
But my answer is B..
awl ryt i got it concentrate on my entries
Org entries should be
=>Creditors $700
____Discount Received $700
=>Bank $1000
_____Fixed Asset $1000
-------------
Correction
=>Creditors $700
____Suspense A/C $700
=>Suspense A/C $1000
_____Fixed Assets $1000
=>Bank $2000
____Suspense A/C $2000

Net Impact Suspense Credit with $1700

Reaction score
I got this question from a classfied book, searched for it in the pastpapers and found it in May 2009 paper 1 where the answer was B xP sry for wasting time :S

Reaction score
I got this question from a classfied book, searched for it in the pastpapers and found it in May 2009 paper 1 where the answer was B xP sry for wasting time :S
omg my concept is unclear...=(
i have given accounts pap and got A :/
i will have to revise my accounts yar! =(

Reaction score
omg my concept is unclear...=(
i have given accounts pap and got A :/
i will have to revise my accounts yar! =(
u have a shortage of 2000 in the debt side, which is because of the bank and 700 decreased the amount of the creditors, so again shortage of 700 in the debt side, so it would be like this =
suspense 700
discount received 700

Reaction score
Business Studies Paper 1 doubt...
How to study or prepare for paper 1???? should i go through only AS level or both AS & A2 syllabus???? because some papers have A2 questions as well.. E.g. Oct/Nov 2006 paper 1... well I'm very confused... & I m really in need of an answer...
my Exam is on 16th May 2012.... please i need suggestions ASAP...

-Mahrukh Fatima, 12th grader

Reaction score
Business Studies Paper 1 doubt...
How to study or prepare for paper 1???? should i go through only AS level or both AS & A2 syllabus???? because some papers have A2 questions as well.. E.g. Oct/Nov 2006 paper 1... well I'm very confused... & I m really in need of an answer...
my Exam is on 16th May 2012.... please i need suggestions ASAP...

-Mahrukh Fatima, 12th grader
Hey الــســـلام عليــكــم ورحـــمــــةالــلــه وبــــــركاتــــــه‎ ‎ـ
I am also appearing for 9707 i will advice you go through June November 2012 syllabus coz the syllabus was changed in june11 so all the previous year question in past paper are set on there syllabus so they do have the content which is now in A2 levels so dun be confused all will be good. My sir said paper is out i.e Syllabus is issued and updated every not for someone else but for us so prepare urself according to syllabus and have faith in Allah all will be perfect insha'ALLAH :):):):)
And listen if u understand urdu i can upload lectures that are delivered by one of the renown teacher in Karachi!

Reaction score
The answer is c because dollar didn't depreciate but appreciated against yen. If yen has depreciated against US dollars, it means that Us dollars has appreciated against yen. No two Currencies can appreciate and depreciate against each other at the same time.
i dont understand :(

Reaction score
Yup the answer should be d bcoz as interest rates in Uk have risen. Foreign investors would be more willing to put their money in Uk banks to get higher interest returns. That explains the demand curve which will shift to right. And as the transaction would have to be made in sterling, these investors will buy more of this currency, reducing the supply (shifting to left) in the market. Thus the effect will be an appreciation of sterling.

Hope this helps, feel free if have any query
clicks somewhere :) thank you!

Reaction score

in question 10, the answer is B, because there was a overstated amount in the debit side of $9000, in order to decrease it, only a suspense account is opened and it has the amount which is a shortage in the credit side

I have the same problem in question 19 :S sry :S
and yeah, question 21 tooooo :S :S

I know that i didnt help u enough but hope u managed to understand question 10 :/

Reaction score
Plz help
Q. The journal entry " Debit subscription income, credit creditors " was made in the accounting records of a club.
What does this represent?
A. Subscriptions owed by members
B. Subscriptions received by cheque
C. Subscriptions received in advance
D. Subscriptions refunded to members

Reaction score
does anyone hav the paper oct/nov2010 p23 of economics in which the section A content has not been removed ?? i want to practice that . plz share.

Reaction score
fine.
if dollar appreciated aginst yen.

US exports(a.k.a Japan's imports) will be expensive?right?