• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

ktc

Reaction score
Yeah I know :p

I personally use the older version of H randall ( the pink one). The author was sane back then.

Btw do you have notes for IAS?

Reaction score
hey is there any change in paper format in account and business or change in question pattern???

Reaction score
FOR ECONOMICS: what combinations can you do for Paper 4 theory? Like if you practice Micro theory questions, then which questions of Macro you MUST revise?
Don't have time for practicing all the theory questions now ! :( pleasee help

P.s: I think the Cie book is good enough for economics Bramford one, also Imran latif's notes although they are very lengthy :p

Reaction score
Q24) CPI was 2.5% Now let's analyse each option to see which one best fits the statement asked in the question.
A The CPI is not an accurate measure of inflation.
It is actually an accurate measure of inflation. CPI, WPI etc are all means of measuring inflation.
B Some prices must have fallen.
This can't be true because if price fall, there would be in inflation in an economy. Even if the CPI falls, it doesn't mean that inflation has fallen.
C The average price increase of other items was less than 2.5 %.
This can be true because as we can see the table, the price change of most of the items are greater than 2.5% however, the fact that other items which are not included in the table - might be greater in no. - experience a low price increase.
D The real value of money rose by more than 2.5 %.
The value of money never rises when economy experiences inflation.

So answer is C

Reaction score
sir can u please me explain in detail....
You can call me Salman. :) Sir is a bit awkward :p

Anyways, yes sure. I just used the table to calculate the comparative advantage to country X and country Y. To do this, you'd just need to cross multiply.
Example:
For country X, the ratios are R = 300, W = 900
To calculate 1 W we would divide 900 by 300.
1W = 900/300
1 W = 3

Likewise, I did for Country Y.

Reaction score
Q24) CPI was 2.5% Now let's analyse each option to see which one best fits the statement asked in the question.
A The CPI is not an accurate measure of inflation.
It is actually an accurate measure of inflation. CPI, WPI etc are all means of measuring inflation.
B Some prices must have fallen.
This can't be true because if price fall, there would be in inflation in an economy. Even if the CPI falls, it doesn't mean that inflation has fallen.
C The average price increase of other items was less than 2.5 %.
This can be true because as we can see the table, the price change of most of the items are greater than 2.5% however, the fact that other items which are not included in the table - might be greater in no. - experience a low price increase.
D The real value of money rose by more than 2.5 %.
The value of money never rises when economy experiences inflation.

So answer is C

thanks a lot Slaman

Reaction score
You can call me Salman. :) Sir is a bit awkward :p

Anyways, yes sure. I just used the table to calculate the comparative advantage to country X and country Y. To do this, you'd just need to cross multiply.
Example:
For country X, the ratios are R = 300, W = 900
To calculate 1 W we would divide 900 by 300.
1W = 900/300
1 W = 3

Likewise, I did for Country Y.

ohhh okok
now i get it....:):):)
thanks a lot:):):)

Reaction score
FOR ECONOMICS: what combinations can you do for Paper 4 theory? Like if you practice Micro theory questions, then which questions of Macro you MUST revise?
Don't have time for practicing all the theory questions now ! :( pleasee help

P.s: I think the Cie book is good enough for economics Bramford one, also Imran latif's notes although they are very lengthy :p
Please help with my query for Paper 4 theory questions