• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hi everyone, AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb...

To get things organized in a better way, I am making this thread. As othewise, some queries remain unanswered!

So post your AS/A2 Accounts, Business or Economics doubts in this thread. InshaAllah other members around will be there to help you.

NOTE: If any doubts in the pastpapers, please post the link!

Regards,
XPC Staff.

Reaction score
@darenchamp08
please mention the subject name as well in your post since this thread is for three subjects

Reaction score
ah accounting... sorry darenchamp08, I didn't have accounting in my a-levels. If you have any problem with economics, I'll try to help :)

Reaction score
raza-rocker said:
anyone can help me out with this ??

i think its like the total cost would be 322-316 = 6
and external cost would not b paid by business ,i-e 2.
remaining cost would b internal which is 4 :wink: :wink:

Reaction score
i hv also got a prob of Accounting A2 level 9706
9706_qp_43 year 2011 may june
q 1 Trade and other receivables??

expecting helpful replies!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi everybody...
I need help for J11P31 N4 ?
Explain to me, how the answer becomes A as per the mark scheme :/
Please?
I'll be grateful! Thanks in advance!

if possible draw the accounts with good explanation and email me on [email protected]

Thanks again.

Attachments

• J11p31n4.JPG
    J11p31n4.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 325
Reaction score
raza-rocker said:

You have to calculate the change in the cost of producing 23rd and 24th products, that is $322-$316 = $6

Now find the change in External cost between the two products, that is $18-$16 = $2

Thus the additional costs incurred is $4 ($6-$4)

Reaction score
raza-rocker said:

You have to calculate the change in the cost of producing 23rd and 24th products, that is $322-$316 = $6

Now find the change in External cost between the two products, that is $18-$16 = $2

Reaction score

Reaction score
Please help me with the questions i am posting koz i am having great problems in solving some questions of paper 3! Thanks!

Attachments

• J11p31n20.JPG
    J11p31n20.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 259
Reaction score
hi can anyone help me with NOV04 P4 Q3.b

Analyse what effects an increase in investment might have on an economy? (13)

Reaction score
darenchamp08 said:

1)u can write abt tht increase in investment means a low standard of living in present bt a higher standard of living in future
2) write abt future prosperity and economic growth
3) if investment is made by foreign investors into your economy then more foreign currency reserves
4) increase in investment can improve balance of payment of the country
5) investment would create more jobs ( show LRAS n demand curve)

i guess there r many points that can be written for this question

Reaction score
raza-rocker said:
darenchamp08 said:

1)u can write abt tht increase in investment means a low standard of living in present bt a higher standard of living in future
2) write abt future prosperity and economic growth
3) if investment is made by foreign investors into your economy then more foreign currency reserves
4) increase in investment can improve balance of payment of the country
5) investment would create more jobs ( show LRAS n demand curve)

valid points but it's missing important things.... here's my suggestion
start with the definition of investment.. then mention it is a part of AD and acts as an injection in the circular flow of national income (if you want to lengthen your ans, give brief def of injection and circular flow of national income as well)... now an increase in investment (I) has the potential of creating a positive multiplier effect which will help to increase employment, output, national income .. you can also write briefly about the accelerator effect.. that the increase in national income resulting from the initial rise in I can encourage investors to further invest... nevertheless there will a rise in NI or AD... it is important here to describe the multiplier effect and also include a diagram... this can be AD/AS one or the 45 degree line diagram....

now, a rise in AD can increase the price level causing demand-pull inflation.. (if you use the AD/AS diagram, it will benefit you here as you can support this point by drawing reference to the diagram)... again only the price can increase without any rise in output if the economy is operating in the full-employment level where the AS curve is vertical.. but then again investment also works in the AS side as well (unique feature of investment).... so if the investment is in productive sector there can be a shift of AS in the long run which will again bring down prices....