• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q. If normally possesses a perpetual life and there are very few chances of its dissolution ?
A.Partnership
B. JSC
C. Cooperative Society
D. Sole Tradership

Q. No Company can be registered without submitting this document to the registrar ?
A. Memorandum of Association
B. Articles OfAssociation
C. Prospectus
D. Statement in lieu of Prospectus

Reaction score
The Object of the extra-ordinary resolution is:
A. To Remove the director
B. To Declare dividend
C. To Change the name of company
D. To Pass The Accounts

Reaction score
The main objective of which of the following society is to eliminate the role of middlemen, retailers and capitalists ?

A. Producers cooperative
B. Marketing cooperative
C. Insurance cooperative
D. Consumers cooperative

Reaction score
The Conditional Letter of Credit is also known as
A. Open L/C
B. Revocable L/C
C. Irrevocable L/C
d. Documentary L/C

Reaction score
Doubts !! Economics, s11_qp_13 qno. 17 . The answer is C .

W10_qp_13 doubt in qno. 21 !!!

Please help me !!

For these kind of questions you actually have to think in regard with mathematical logic. You see the ratio of Rice to wheat for X is 3:1 (900/300) and Y is 2:1. So it is obvious that X will specialize in Rice while Y in wheat. So earlier using the resource of wheat that is 1 Y could make 2 units of rice. So when X and Y trade both X and Y want a profit. So Y would want more than 2 units of Rice and X on the other hand is receiving 1 unit of wheat for 2.5 units of rice instead of 3. Hope you understood my explanation. It is kinda complicated to decipher but relate it to the ratio and you will get it.

Reaction score
anyone can help me out with this ??
Additional cost to firm means the additional private cost of the firm. The increase in total cost to society of producing 24th unit is $6 and the external cost is $2. The formula is private cost= cost to society - external cost i.e. $6 - $2 = $4 .

Reaction score
For these kind of questions you actually have to think in regard with mathematical logic. You see the ratio of Rice to wheat for X is 3:1 (900/300) and Y is 2:1. So it is obvious that X will specialize in Rice while Y in wheat. So earlier using the resource of wheat that is 1 Y could make 2 units of rice. So when X and Y trade both X and Y want a profit. So Y would want more than 2 units of Rice and X on the other hand is receiving 1 unit of wheat for 2.5 units of rice instead of 3. Hope you understood my explanation. It is kinda complicated to decipher but relate it to the ratio and you will get it.
Thanks a lot .

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm taking my A-level (AS and A2) exams in May/June for economics and business studies (and geography).
I took the full a-level last year (in one sitting), but due to various reasons, I was not able to achieve a high score (2 Cs for economics and business ~ and switched math for geo).
This year, I've gone off from that school and decided to self-teach, as that works better for me;
I am now managing to achieve 100% for the AS syllabus for economics multiple choice (past papers) and very high scores for AS level in general for all 3 topics... No worries there,
But my A2 is worrisome... I'm getting higher than last year for the multiple choice (from a D to a B); however, some papers I still struggle so much with and a lot of questions still are really hard for me to figure out. I am worried about receiving another D or C for the multiple choice, and was wondering if anyone has any tips to improve the A2 for the multiple choice and aspects for both business studies and economics A2. (Essays are alright, but the I'm lacking a lot of the knowledge). I have around 6 weeks left!

I've also recently taken to doing flash cards online, and they seem to be helping a lot, but there are so many definitions to learn within the time before the exams, that I'm not really confident with, and I'm wondering whether the flash cards pay off in an exam (will I still remember the words)? And I need quite some help with graphs for the A2 aspects for economics.

Thanks!
Much appreciation!

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain to me as to why payback period and other Alevel material : such as span of control, are in paper 1 and paper 2 exam. Please tell me i am getting confused now, shouldnt this be all Alevel stuff for paper 3, why is it showing up on paper 1 and 2?

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain to me as to why payback period and other Alevel material : such as span of control, are in paper 1 and paper 2 exam. Please tell me i am getting confused now, shouldnt this be all Alevel stuff for paper 3, why is it showing up on paper 1 and 2?

You have obviously been doing past papers! Congratulations! In the past, the A-level syllabus wasn't the same as it is today, so payback period and span of control appeared in papers 1 and 2 of the a-level exams; however, today that's changed, and so you won't find payback period or span of control and the like in paper 1, but solely, paper 3 (A2 Level).

Hope that clears things up for you!!

Reaction score
You have obviously been doing past papers! Congratulations! In the past, the A-level syllabus wasn't the same as it is today, so payback period and span of control appeared in papers 1 and 2 of the a-level exams; however, today that's changed, and so you won't find payback period or span of control and the like in paper 1, but solely, paper 3 (A2 Level).

Okey so what your trying to say is that Alevel material wont be appearing in paper 1 and paper 2? I hope its like that, because ive only studied and made notes of As material stuff not A2 level, since i thought that il do it next session so i shouldnt study at the time. Please let me know as the answer to this question is what im anticipating, all my revision hangs over this question. Thanks alot! :) Really appreciate for a quick response.

Reaction score
No problem!
Whatever you've been studying for AS level, and if it's in the current book that's printed (the golden book for A-level studies for business studies), that's what will come in the exam.
Also, You should check up on the cambridge site, the syllabus for the exam you're doing:
http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/uppersec/alevel/subject?assdef_id=735
And yes, A-level material will definitely not be appearing in papers 1 and 2.
Double check the syllabus, and you'll be reassured :)

Reaction score

Btw i just noticed that the same question popped up on the 2010 june paper 1 exam, so i am wondering whether this new rule, has just been changed about A2 stuff not appearing in paper 1 and 2, please let me as im confused. I was overthinking and it made me think that i was suppose to study all of the A2 and As stuff since i saw a table in the beginning of the past paper book stating the weighting, so please clearly tell me everything, as i am only doing As right now and A2 in november. Thanks

Reaction score
No problem!
Whatever you've been studying for AS level, and if it's in the current book that's printed (the golden book for A-level studies for business studies), that's what will come in the exam.
Also, You should check up on the cambridge site, the syllabus for the exam you're doing:
http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/uppersec/alevel/subject?assdef_id=735
Are you talking about this book: Cambridge international As and Alevel Business Studies By stimpson and farquharson ?

Reaction score
No problem!
this message of yours has answered my second message, just let me know which golden book are you talking about, i am studying from the cambridge international As an Alevel business studies by stimpson and farquharson

Reaction score
Yes, it is that book. And that has the syllabus in the contents.
and the a-level syllabus with lines at the side
The AS doesn't, and so that's the correct syllabus.
Hope this helps!!!

Reaction score
Yes, it is that book. And that has the syllabus in the contents.
and the a-level syllabus with lines at the side
The AS doesn't, and so that's the correct syllabus.
Hope this helps!!!
Okey thats great then yes i have noticed the bar logos for A2 level material, i have not made notes for them since im only studying As stuff at the moment, is it the right thing im doing then?

Reaction score
Yes, it's the right thing you're doing. If you're taking only As levels for May/June don't bother about the lines place for the A2
Hope I've helped you enough! :D

Reaction score
Yes, it's the right thing you're doing. If you're taking only As levels for May/June don't bother about the lines place for the A2
Hope I've helped you enough! :D
Thankyou so much! really appreciate all the help that you have provided.