• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s10_qp_12.pdf
Can some1 plz explain briefly Q19 because i m really confused with Share Premium thingy, Plz explain to me that how Share premium is changed when rights issues or bonus issue takes place
PLZ ITS URGENT.I HAVE EXAM AFTER AROUND 14 HOURS..... :(
A share premim a/c is opened when the shares are issued at more than dere nominal value
Eg if a share is issued at $1.6 where as its nominal value was $1, then Share premium wud b $0.6
Nd concrning rights & bonus issue, if a rights issue is made at abov the nominal value its share premium wud be credited to da share premium A/c
nd 4 bonus issue as da shareholders donot hav 2 pay 4 them, they will b taken 4rm da reservs (share premium,general reserv, etc)

Reaction score

if you closely analyse the graph in image a, the cure does not touch the vertical axis, meaning that the fixed costs are incurred irrelevant to the whether there is some production or not., whereas in b, the curve touches the vertical axis, impling that there are no fixed costs when threr is no production, this is not true, as fixed costs are paid wheter there is production or not

Reaction score
if production falls, how are total variable cost reduced? shouldnt they increse? plzz help!

variable costs are directly linked with the level of production, therefore, if the production is reduced, total variable costs will also be reduced, as now less of direct matelai and direct labour will be employed. on the contrary, fixed costs are fixed within a specific time, and they do not vary with the level of production

Reaction score
Thnx a lot man
Can u plz explain the answer for q18?
I have attached the link above. Thnx in advance :)

firstly, we know there was a rights issue of 20 000 shares of $1 each, they were issued at $36 000, meaning that the issues was made above par, therefore (20-36) $16 000 was the share premium
secondly, there was a 1/6 bonus issue made, this was on the ordinary shares of 120( 100+20) which is equal to $20 000, as bonus issue are free issue of share, the reserves are transferred into the share capital, therefore the share primum reduced by $20 000
so finaly, share premium is 30 + 16 - 20 =26 000

Hope this helps,
BEST of luck for the exams, may Allah help us all achieve our desired grades! Ameen

Reaction score
firstly, we know there was a rights issue of 20 000 shares of $1 each, they were issued at $36 000, meaning that the issues was made above par, therefore (20-36) $16 000 was the share premium
secondly, there was a 1/6 bonus issue made, this was on the ordinary shares of 120( 100+20) which is equal to $20 000, as bonus issue are free issue of share, the reserves are transferred into the share capital, therefore the share primum reduced by $20 000

Hope this helps,
BEST of luck for the exams, may Allah help us all achieve our desired grades! Ameen
AAmeen and IN SHA ALLAH and thanx a lot once again :)

Reaction score

Hope this helps,
Ameen

Reaction score
My paper was gud as well Alhamdulillah:)
Cud som1 tell me crrct answrs 4 Q.4(u had to find da crrctd net profit)
Q.7 (bnk reconcilation statmnt)
Q.19(find da value at which da shares were to be issued inorder to keep da divdnd % as 10)

Reaction score
Q.19(find da value at which da shares were to be issued inorder to keep da divdnd % as 10)
I think Bank reconciliation's answer was credit 40

Reaction score
Q4. my np was 7000
Q7. 550 credit
Q19. $4.80 was the share price

these are my answers don't know if they are correct or not

Can u tell me Q9. who uses aging of debtors or something like that. i did B "Credit Controller" merely a guess...

Reaction score
Q4. my np was 7000
Q7. 550 credit
Q19. $4.80 was the share price

these are my anwers don't know if they are correct or not

Can u tell me Q9. who uses aging of debtors or something like that. i did B "Credit Controller" merely a guess...
It is credit controller .