• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
XED = %AGE IN DEMAND OF Y / %AGE CHANGE IN PRICE OF X

& AGE CHANGE IN Y : ( (30-20)/20 ) * 100 = 1/2 *100 = 50%

% age change in X : ( (10-8) / 8) *100 = 2/8 *100 = 25 %

XED = 50 / 25 =2.0

Thus answer is C
thank you
i was just confused about the values :)

Reaction score
yeah it is. how did you get it?
Im not so sure (Im always confused in MCQs :p But Since the questions says unitary elasticity which means that theres an equal change in price and quantity and the expenditures wont increase nor decrease coz even if the price increases, the quantity increases the same amount so tht means the expenditure is the same.

Reaction score
Im not so sure (Im always confused in MCQs :p But Since the questions says unitary elasticity which means that theres an equal change in price and quantity and the expenditures wont increase nor decrease coz even if the price increases, the quantity increases the same amount so tht means the expenditure is the same.
oooh i see.. thanks :D

Reaction score
Can someone help me in this past paper http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_s08_qp_1.pdf
Question number 30 .
Ans=A.
How does the answer come ?
Yes but it makes it more favourable right since a higher interest rate would encourage more ppl to invest in the country (X higher than M)
yeah.. but that's the only component affected by intrest yeah? So just tick the most likely answer and leave the rest to God :p

Reaction score
Walikum Assalam!!
Cananyone tell ne tht when do we come to knw about Aslevel exams whc r held in Oct.Nov 2013??

Reaction score
Accounting doubt
Will company accounts be tested as a structured question in 9706/2 .According to the revision checklist it s a NO but please help me out for further confirmation insha allah.
jazakallah