• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
what was the value per ordinary share after taking into account scheme of capital reduction? 480/1200=0.4 Also what was the example of a non adjusting event? i gave the Investments one but its probably wrong

Reaction score
what was the value per ordinary share after taking into account scheme of capital reduction? 480/1200=0.4 Also what was the example of a non adjusting event? i gave the Investments one but its probably wrong
you had to do this 480/2400, as new shares were issues for every $1 held before. So the nominal value was 0.2
and for non adjusting I gave investments too. Crossing fingers for it to be right :)

Reaction score
you had to do this 480/2400, as new shares were issues for every $1 held before. So the nominal value was 0.2
and for non adjusting I gave investments too. Crossing fingers for it to be right :)
I got 0.2 as well but everyone is saying that its 0.4....also i gave abnormal loss of inventory due to floods as an example of a non-adjusting event...is it right cuz i think i have read abt this from some book...also was ur purchase budget comprising of 5050, 5300, 5500 and 5500 for jan-april...please tell me its correct

Reaction score
I got 0.2 as well but everyone is saying that its 0.4....also i gave abnormal loss of inventory due to floods as an example of a non-adjusting event...is it right cuz i think i have read abt this from some book...also was ur purchase budget comprising of 5050, 5300, 5500 and 5500 for jan-april...please tell me its correct
Yeah i also got these valus for the purchases budget..............do u remember the closing balance for trade receivables budget? think i got it wrong.....

Reaction score
did any one here give statistics paper 72? i was confused about no. 4 last one , where they ask u to calculate the probability that the two confidence interval do not contain the pop mean............i did 0.01*0.01........but is this correct, cuz others did 0.02*0.02

Reaction score
did any one here give statistics paper 72? i was confused about no. 4 last one , where they ask u to calculate the probability that the two confidence interval do not contain the pop mean............i did 0.01*0.01........but is this correct, cuz others did 0.02*0.02
hw waz ur statistics paper
mine it waz bad coz I had acct n staisticat both at pm session
n qns 4 waz a bit confusing

Reaction score
A2 economics paper 43 nov12

What can I talk about here?
The economic analysis of wage determination states that all wages rates in different occupations
will in the long run become the same and equal to the average product of labour.
Discuss this statement.

Reaction score
A2 economics paper 43 nov12

What can I talk about here?
The economic analysis of wage determination states that all wages rates in different occupations
will in the long run become the same and equal to the average product of labour.
Discuss this statement.
cn u gv d detailed ans for dis asap?

Reaction score
Hey guys, can you please help me?
So June 2009 Question 9 paper 1:

The correct balance on the purchases ledger control account is $63 000 but has been entered in
the trial balance as $36 000. The difference on the trial balance has been entered in a suspense
account.
Which journal entry corrects this error?
Find attached papers.

Well it says that the answer is D. But wrong entry in trial balance is not a double entry! I worked june 2003 paper 1 question 10 and it's practically the same question and in the examiners report it says that only suspense account needs recording. Then why is it not the case in this question?

Oh and one last thing: Is it possible that Cambridge make mistakes? I saw one mistake in november 2012 mark scheme. :X :/

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 9706_s09_ms_1.pdf
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 9706_s09_qp_1.pdf
    124.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 9706_s03_er.pdf
    81.5 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Hey guys, can you please help me?
So June 2009 Question 9 paper 1:

The correct balance on the purchases ledger control account is $63 000 but has been entered in
the trial balance as $36 000. The difference on the trial balance has been entered in a suspense
account.
Which journal entry corrects this error?
Find attached papers.

Well it says that the answer is D. But wrong entry in trial balance is not a double entry! I worked june 2003 paper 1 question 10 and it's practically the same question and in the examiners report it says that only suspense account needs recording. Then why is it not the case in this question?

Oh and one last thing: Is it possible that Cambridge make mistakes? I saw one mistake in november 2012 mark scheme. :X :/

Thanks in advance!

Hello Good miss, I think you're right, there are some mistakes found in the marking scheme, one which I encountered was the treatment of cummulative preference shares and non-cummulative preference share. It should be 'A' in my opinion, that's because the Purchase account would be debited and the suspense should be credited. I'd re-confirm it from my teacher.