• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics doubt P3 and P4, post it all in here!

Reaction score
c4HebD2.png

How is the answer C? Why not D?
O/N/2005

Reaction score
the book says
For the firm the long run equilibrium is where MC=ATC=AR=MR
so that means in this questions, the firm is in disequilibrium, so shouldnt it b A or B
idk about industry
For the firm, you produce where MC=MR, so it is in equilibrium. However, i don't get about the industry too. The er writes in a language i fail to decipher. :/

Reaction score
For the firm, you produce where MC=MR, so it is in equilibrium. However, i don't get about the industry too. The er writes in a language i fail to decipher. :/
same.
the book says
For the firm the long run equilibrium is where MC=ATC=AR=MR
so that means in this questions, the firm is in disequilibrium, so shouldnt it b A or B
idk about industry
My point was, since PC market is a price taker - the price in this diagram should always be the markets equilibrium price. Right?

Reaction score
c4HebD2.png

How is the answer C? Why not D?
O/N/2005
logic is this that industry gives price or MR or AR to the firm..they get it via normal demand supply interaction...here production is based upon MC=MR meaning firm is maximising profit upto the last limit so its in equilbrium but industry not...
heres how
normal demand is AR for industry and suplly is AC not MC because in average total cost is also present and industry being a collection of firm have to consider this so here AC is above MR meaning they arent meeting so industry is in disquilibrium :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
logic is this that industry gives price or MR or AR to the firm..they get it via normal demand supply interaction...here production is based upon MC=MR meaning firm is maximising profit upto the last limit so its in equilbrium but industry not...
heres how
normal demand is MR for industry and suplly is AC not MC because in average total cost is also present and industry being a collection of firm have to consider this so here AC is above MR meaning they arent meeting so industry is in disquilibrium :)
i think i get it.

Reaction score
Bachelor and idea on the other one?
heres how
normal demand is MR for industry and suplly is AC not MC because in average total cost is also present and industry being a collection of firm have to consider this so here AC is above MR meaning they arent meeting so industry is in disquilibrium :)

Reaction score
heres how
normal demand is AR for industry and suplly is AC not MC because in average total cost is also present and industry being a collection of firm have to consider this so here AC is above MR meaning they arent meeting so industry is in disquilibrium :)
ok so basically
for the firm to be in equilibrium , MR should be equal to MC
and for the whole industry, AR=AC
right?