• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics igcse (0455)

Reaction score
If there's some student appearing for igcse economics in mj 2015 , please reply here ASAP ! I need help with some mcqs question ..

Ty :)

Reaction score
image.jpg Ma'am what they're trying to ask the candidates in 2nd last point i.e ; '' Describe the effects of changing size and structure of population on an economy ''

Reaction score
yeah i guess i can be a lil help :)

''Describe the effects of changing size and structure of population on an economy'
What they're trying to ask the candidates by the above statement ?
( it's from section :6 , population )

Reaction score
see they are asking us about the effects of increase in the size of the population like in india for example.... the birth rate is really high and so the dependency rate of the population is high...secondly more people are there in the country which makes it hard for the government to fulfill the populations need...and then the living standards fall which worsens up the economic position of the country then you can also talk about unemployment rates co-relating it with the dependency rates JUST SEE HOW MANY MARKS ITS OF AND THEN ANSWER ACCORDINGLY (hope this helps) :)
Thank you ! Got that .. I've already learned it ..

Which variant u r taking ?

Reaction score
View attachment 52327 Ma'am what they're trying to ask the candidates in 2nd last point i.e ; '' Describe the effects of changing size and structure of population on an economy ''

husnain99
They are asking how any changes in a country's size of population and its demographics (gender, age distribution etc) would have an impact on an economy. You should know both positive and negative effects that any kind of population changes can have on an economy. You can discuss impacts on economic growth, national income, employment rates, labour supply etc.

Reaction score
Yeah ..
This section is making me confuse ..

husnain99
That is only a partial answer, say one of the many points. A country may go through different phases of development over a period of time. Also its population structure and size changes. All these changes have various different impacts. Such as on standard of living, economic growth, national income, AD, labour supply etc.
For example if an economy is developed and has a high GDP per capita because the size of its population is small, and if its birth rates continue to remain low, then it can face a shortage of labour supply in the long run and might have to use labour from other countries. Very large dependent populations can be a burden on economy's resources, but large working populations could be an advantage if they are contributing and productive (and literate). Quality of labour also depends on literacy rates. These are just a few points but you will have to handle this from various different aspects

Reaction score
husnain99
That is only a partial answer, say one of the many points. A country may go through different phases of development over a period of time. Also its population structure and size changes. All these changes have various different impacts. Such as on standard of living, economic growth, national income, AD, labour supply etc.
For example if an economy is developed and has a high GDP per capita because the size of its population is small, and if its birth rates continue to remain low, then it can face a shortage of labour supply in the long run and might have to use labour from other countries. Very large dependent populations can be a burden on economy's resources, but large working populations could be an advantage if they are contributing and productive (and literate). Quality of labour also depends on literacy rates. These are just a few points but you will have to handle this from various different aspects
Alright thank you !
Are these extra points available in ur booklet ?

Reaction score
Mam Sana Adnan , if we get question in final paper :
Q- write the features of perfect competition and monopoly ? ( 8 or 10 mark question )
- how many features should one write for both ..?

Reaction score
Mam Sana Adnan , if we get question in final paper :
Q- write the features of perfect competition and monopoly ? ( 8 or 10 mark question )
- how many features should one write for both ..?

husnain99
There is no answer to how many?
divide your answer in two paragraphs and evenly allocate the marks. For example if the question is for 10 marks, write perfect competition for 5 marks and monopoly for 5 marks. Cover all major feature in well developed points and make sure you discuss market structure features such as No of sellers, information, nature of product and barriers of entry for both the types of market and how pricing strategies differ for both of them. Also CIEs are about quality oriented answers and not quantity oriented