• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics IGCSE Help ASAPI

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have my Economics (P32) Ig tomorrow, and I need some help.
In my mocks, my teacher cut marks in questions which had the command word "State" or "Identify" because I wrote just 2-3 words even though there were like 5-6 lines. Same happened in a few other questions, I used only half to three fourth of the lines in most questions.
I don't know what to do, because I don't know how can I elaborate to 5-6 lines in a question which is only for two marks and just wants you to state something.
Do I really have to do that or just writing the specific asked thing would be OK?

Thanks,
Lanocaster

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have my Economics (P32) Ig tomorrow, and I need some help.
In my mocks, my teacher cut marks in questions which had the command word "State" or "Identify" because I wrote just 2-3 words even though there were like 5-6 lines. Same happened in a few other questions, I used only half to three fourth of the lines in most questions.
I don't know what to do, because I don't know how can I elaborate to 5-6 lines in a question which is only for two marks and just wants you to state something.
Do I really have to do that or just writing the specific asked thing would be OK?

Thanks,
Lanocaster

I've no clue about IGCSE but I've given my olevel so mayeb its the same deal.
Write the right thing in two lines or 8 the examiner will have to award you marks. there cant be any deduction if you dont utilise *or FILL in * space because you've already answered. plus more lines are given to accumulate everyones writing cuz some people have huge writing.

Reaction score
so I checked out your syllabus code and this spacing paper is the same as any. more lines are given because people have different writing sized and the quantity not quality matters. as a matter of fact liek any other paper involving critical analysis using precise language and summing up what you mean in a comprehensive manner is better than extending it to fill up lines.

Reaction score
I've no clue about IGCSE but I've given my olevel so mayeb its the same deal.
Write the right thing in two lines or 8 the examiner will have to award you marks. there cant be any deduction if you dont utilise *or FILL in * space because you've already answered. plus more lines are given to accumulate everyones writing cuz some people have huge writing.

There is this girl in my grade and she took the 4 extra pages in the Eco P2 exam (+ the standard 12 page booklet), and in one of our mocks, she took 7 supplements! In other sciences, teachers are encouraging me because I usually write the minimum I can to gain the mark (usually out of laziness), while she does whatever she can to fill in the space. Our marks still usually the same in the sciences however Eco is the only subject where my habit is penalised and she is rewarded for writing more. She DOES have a big handwriting, and teacher often comment that my handwriting is gonna be the bane of their eyes (my handwriting is small and kinda horrible).
I really hope I don't need to fill those spaces, and our teacher is partial towards the girls anyways, she cut my marks even though I wrote what exactly what was written in the mark scheme (the question was for 2 marks, I wrote 2 points worth 2 marks each but only filled half the space)

Reaction score
so I checked out your syllabus code and this spacing paper is the same as any. more lines are given because people have different writing sized and the quantity not quality matters. as a matter of fact liek any other paper involving critical analysis using precise language and summing up what you mean in a comprehensive manner is better than extending it to fill up lines.

Thank you very much, and I agree with you -> quality matters more than quantity(god explain that to my mom and my teacher)

Reaction score
There is this girl in my grade and she took the 4 extra pages in the Eco P2 exam (+ the standard 12 page booklet), and in one of our mocks, she took 7 supplements! In other sciences, teachers are encouraging me because I usually write the minimum I can to gain the mark (usually out of laziness), while she does whatever she can to fill in the space. Our marks still usually the same in the sciences however Eco is the only subject where my habit is penalised and she is rewarded for writing more. She DOES have a big handwriting, and teacher often comment that my handwriting is gonna be the bane of their eyes (my handwriting is small and kinda horrible).
I really hope I don't need to fill those spaces, and our teacher is partial towards the girls anyways, she cut my marks even though I wrote what exactly what was written in the mark scheme (the question was for 2 marks, I wrote 2 points worth 2 marks each but only filled half the space)

Lol there you have it . teacher bias. not your fault. your teacher will not be checking your exam. writing extra will just cost you time. and lol, exactly a bigger handwriting takes up more lines and if you can convey the same message in two lines it's perfectly alright. :eek:

Reaction score
Lol there you have it . teacher bias. not your fault. your teacher will not be checking your exam. writing extra will just cost you time. and lol, exactly a bigger handwriting takes up more lines and if you can convey the same message in two lines it's perfectly alright. :eek:

I know, and there is this another girl, she's only good in language, but sucks in Science and Maths, and she got 6 marks more than me. I was almost on the verge of crying, because the previous girl was the only one who had been awarded more marks than me (in Eco); I couldn't believe I had done that horribly. The next mock, she almost failed. Turns out she had solved the past paper that came in the exam just the night before =P
The teacher was all like praising her and stuff, but after the second mock result kept her mouth shut lol

Reaction score
Just solve all the past papers. Paper 3 is (relatively) easy as most of the stuff is from the extract.
Try to finish the 2012 and 2011 ones at least.