• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics Or Business Studies???

Reaction score
ppl i wil be startin AS level and im confused in these two subjects...i havent done any of these in O levels...and want an extra subj...please let me know which is a better choice???

Reaction score
Business studies is an easy subject compared to ecnomics :)
as you dont have any O-level background in these subjects i would recomend you to study Business studies as it would be easy for you to handle it :)

Reaction score
economics has more credits than business studies
and is more interesting
besides, econ is really ez to manage evn wid no business subjects background

Reaction score
that purely depends on ur interest, but if you want it as an extra subject Business studies is a comparatively lighter subject.

Reaction score
econ and business studies require similar interests :D
and business studies is more of cramming which is boring fr most sane minds :)

Reaction score
I would advice Economics. Its one of the major subjects of Alevels. And it has a lot of credit. And keeping it as an extra subject will increase the credibility of ur overall result.

Reaction score
altough ecnomics is given more credit ,, we should not be forget that it's not at all an easy subject moreover it would be more difficult for a person who dont have made his basics in O-level :)

Reaction score
the notion that to do well in alvl econ u need to hv background in econ is a myth
alvl econ starts frm scratch

Reaction score
mzzzz said:
the notion that to do well in alvl econ u need to hv background in econ is a myth
alvl econ starts frm scratch

can anyone translate :shock:

Reaction score
he means to say that the people who say for going good in A level economics u need to have an economics background previously are wrong. The A level economics start from the beginning without previous concepts.

Reaction score
same here fh1992 but i opted for economics, and i am studying it in vacations it is intersting and not so difficult. if u study and devlop interest then it bcmz very easy ...and u can opt further for bussiness field by taking this important subject so i would prefer taking economics....

Reaction score
I am also going for economics instead of b.s ..so what books (2 or 3) would i require to grapple with the entire syllabus adequately ?

Reaction score
Book Bamford along with pastpapers + marking schmes + examiner reports :)

Reaction score
thanks every1 for your suggestions...i had a feeling too that business wud b easier so i opted for business studies...now can anyone tell me which books r required for the sub???

Reaction score
I find Economics better.U just learn by heart and get good results.I wanted to do ECO, BIO AND CHEM but i did nt get the combination :(