• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ECONOMICS: P1 Discuss your problems

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Economics (2281)/2281_s07_qp_1.pdf

q no 36. Shouldn't the answer be A. The marking scheme says the answer is D. Please explain how?
Quota is the physical limit on importd products.Reducing quota means that nw govt. allows less goods to b imported.Let's take an example like first govt set quota of about 30 goods bt nw it reduces to 20 so first 30 goods can b imprted bt nw only 20 goods are allowed to import.
So the option will b 'D' : There will be less of the good imported.
Option 'A' is when the qs said that the govt has increased the quota.
Hope it clears ur confusion nw :)

Reaction score
Quota is the physical limit on importd products.Reducing quota means that nw govt. allows less goods to b imported.Let's take an example like first govt set quota of about 30 goods bt nw it reduces to 20 so first 30 goods can b imprted bt nw only 20 goods are allowed to import.
So the option will b 'D' : There will be less of the good imported.
Option 'A' is when the qs said that the govt has increased the quota.
Hope it clears ur confusion nw :)

thanks. It was a tricky statement.

Reaction score
We will start discussion for O'Level economics here. All those who want to appear in Nov attempt may post their problems here.

Reaction score
i have problem in these ECONOMICS MCQs...
kindly explain me the MCQs with reasons..

1. What is not included in a person’s stock of wealth?
A a gold watch
B annual income
C an oil painting
D company shares

2. In rural areas in developing countries women often do unpaid work on traditional activities.
Why might this mean that the GDP is not a good measure of the standard of living in those
countries?
A The GDP does not include international trade.
B The GDP only refers to companies in urban areas.
C The work is not counted in GDP statistics.
D The work is not economically important.

3 and 4. (MCQ 22 and 23) of http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...al O Level/Economics (2281)/2281_w07_qp_1.pdf

5.In 2008 inflation was close to 100 000 % in Zimbabwe. In a bid to reduce this high rate, the
Zimbabwean Government imposed maximum prices on a range of products. This caused price
rises amongst those goods sold unofficially or illegally.
What could explain this?
A The maximum prices increased demand whilst reducing supply.
B The maximum prices reduced demand whilst increasing supply.
C The maximum prices were set above the equilibrium price levels.
D The maximum prices were set at the equilibrium price levels.

Reaction score
Answer for
1 is B

income is not a wealth or property. All other options are included in wealth.

Reaction score
would you please briefly explain the term 'production possibility diagram' in view to an MCQ with the aid of an example and diagram just limited to O levels syllabus?

Reaction score
Could Qamar Baloch or anyone else please help me with my MCQ doubts and explain to me the correct answers?
1.2281_s04_qp_1.pdf (Question 23,24,30)
2.2281_s05_qp_1.pdf (Question 12)
3.2281_s07_qp_1.pdf(Question 14)
4.2281_s08_qp_1.pdf(Question 10)
5.2281_s09_qp_1.pdf(Question 22)
6.2281_s10_qp_11.pdf(Question 6)
7.2281_s11_qp_11.pdf(Question 22)
8.2281_s12_qp_11.pdf(Question 20)
9.2281_s12_qp_12.pdf(Question 25)
10.2281_y14_sp_1.pdf(Question 21,25)
Pleas Reply Within 10-16 hours As I Have My Eco P1(MCQ) Tomorrow on 22nd July!!!!

Reaction score
Important questions for O level Economics Paper 2 Nov attempt

Attachments

• O\'Level N13 imp questions.docx
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Asslam u Alaikum dear students: Its me Qamar Baloch an Economics teacher from Pakistan. Alhamdulilah I am also providing guidence to thousands of A level students at xtremepapers. Recently I decided to solve O level students issues as well. Therefore a very good participation will help many of you to get very good grade in final examination. Many students who are shy to ask question will also benefit as there issue will also be directly or indirectly solved. So don't hesitate to ask questions. Just post your question here. I and many of your friends will be here to solve those problems. Thank you.

Layla..