• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ECONOMICS P12 ANSWERS

Reaction score
1 B
2 D
3 D
4 C
28 C
29 C
30 C

Terms of trade -20

External Benefit A rise to D1

Advantage of CBA B

Beneficial Exchange Rate Q18 C

Fish Mcq D

Mcq with exchange rate and current a/c J CURVE

Cross elasticity +0.16

Supply Curve shift to Right Decrease in cost of production

Ineffectve Max price Mcq Equilibrium at OQ

Paraguay and Argentina D

Other inflation table Real wage increase OPTION A

Disadvantage of trade protection Domestic price level increase

Retail price mcq was cost of living increase

2 supply curve Mcq of agricultural product Answer D YZ

Japanese MNC in UK Answer worsen and uncertain

CONFIRMED ANSWERS.

Reaction score
Your answer regarding the Japanese MNC is wrong since it asks about the current account for visible goods of the UK, which will improve since the Japanese firm will be exporting goods from the UK. If it included repatriation of profits, their BoP would deteriorate.

Please do not state that your answers are confirmed if you are not sure of them.. Alot of people might take you seriously.

Reaction score
wht ws da question about CBA could u remind us plz? what was da "fish" mcq? lol. what ws da option B that uv mentioned in the CBA question?

Reaction score
Superman said:
Your answer regarding the Japanese MNC is wrong since it asks about the current account for visible goods of the UK, which will improve since the Japanese firm will be exporting goods from the UK. If it included repatriation of profits, their BoP would deteriorate.

Please do not state that your answers are confirmed if you are not sure of them.. Alot of people might take you seriously.
so true.....atleast dres no doubt about this one...the BOP CANNOT deteriorate bcoz of that... :/

Reaction score
Regarding the Japanese MNC:

the short run effect on the current balance of trade would be worsening coz they would start selling immediately in th uk ( IMPORTS ) and exporting from there will take time.

Reaction score
the answer about the maximum price is also contro. The question clearly stated that it was to achieve some aim and not just equilibrium... i marked "to ensure excess supply" though it was evident that maximum price was ineffective as it was above equilibrium.

Reaction score
hmahmood18 said:
Regarding the Japanese MNC:

the short run effect on the current balance of trade would be worsening coz they would start selling immediately in th uk ( IMPORTS ) and exporting from there will take time.

Japanese firm would now be producing in UK. UK had to earlier import but now after the firm establishes in UK there would be decrease in UK imports rather the firm would be even exporting to other markets in the Europe thus the exports of UK rise as well.

Imports: decrease
Exports: Increase

Reaction score
JamesSmith said:
the answer about the maximum price is also contro. The question clearly stated that it was to achieve some aim and not just equilibrium... i marked "to ensure excess supply" though it was evident that maximum price was ineffective as it was above equilibrium.

I am sorry but you are wrong maximum price is meant so that price shouldn't increase from the given point and should fluctuate between the point according to forces of demand and supply...In the question it was given maximum price above equilibrium so the price set by forces of demand and supply would be equilibrium...hope you understand

Reaction score
The ans to the japneese MNC is improve and uncertian, It is a past paper repeated question, Check the marking scheme.

Reaction score
hey Sameer, yea i definitely understand the concept of maximum pricing (i.e. to be effective it should be set under the equilibrium price) but somehow i was stuck with the point when the examiner asked :"what aim does it achieve?" only excess supply was something i could thought of as market would even have been in equilibrium before the max. price was set. so no new aim would have been achieved.
This was the only question which made be do paper for whole one hour otherwise i was done with rest within first 20 mins.!!! :s

Reaction score
JamesSmith said:

hey J10/p11/q11 has a bit similar concept, check it out...
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Internat ... _qp_11.pdf

Attachments

• physcis1.jpg
    physcis1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Echelon94, i did this paper and marked the answer correctly with p1q1; but still I'm not sure with the answer to the j11/p12..