• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

EcOnOmIcS P4

Reaction score
well if anyone needs a better explained wage determination lecture, i have one right now, and i think wage determination is an important topic this time around, but the topics diskfisker suggested, i think u can leave out labour markets and market structures in choice, i think if market structures are there in the paper, i'll certainly attempt them and pray for multipier or philips curve or macroeconomic objective or policies, as i am good at that, and probably leave out labour markets and other topics...

If someone can provide me with some info on essay writing for P4, it'll mean alot,

Thanks in advance :)

and u're more than welcome aku ;)

Reaction score
I also prefer Macro economics but I don't mind LRAC, economies of scale, growth of firms etc but Market structures bore me! And as much as I want to leave labor on choice, I can't, it's too important as a topic esp in the MCQS
and for essay writing - if the question gives a quote, there many different elements to the question that you have to deal with. For eg I think the paper is Oct/nov 2009 (2) and the last question is a quote from the South African governer, which goes like this ; the SA economy is growing faster than it's potential growth rate. 'this is why we have inflation. It doesnt lead to job creation so it needs to dealt with. Interest rates are the only tools available". Do you agree with this statement? (25 marks) This question has many different aspects - does an economy growing faster than its potential growth rate lead to inflation?Yes demand pull inflation but the governer has only identified one cause, it could also have come about due to rising costs or increases in the money supply etc. Inflation and jobs (phillips curve) is that the only reason its needs to be dealth with?what about the BOP, income distribution etc..And then an evaluation of interest rates and alternative tools (fiscal policy etc)
that's how i attempted the question, with a final conculsion(very important)and this is the structure I've figured out through the markschemes and examiner reports. Other questions are very straighfoward but you need to structure your question before hand to attempt one like this and IMHO questions on microeconomics should be very succint, concise and straight to the point, rambling won't work

Anyone have tips on how to ace the dataresponse?

Reaction score
well a lot of teachers suggest me when u ace the data response you just have to consider the datas( real datas i.e 9,8 , 10 , 12) ,meaning u should put all the datas given and you could weigh it.. beside if it's 4 points,you could put a bit of your understanding that also related to the data.. that's IMO

can anyone explain me about the philips curve?? i just don find it come out mostly in the past papers