• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

economics paper 1.. how was it

Reaction score
THe threshhold will be 24 as it was a very tricky paper.....the paper resulted to be an easy one for stronger candidates......but really difficult for weaker ones.......

Reaction score
tell me the ppc questions.....there were two ppc ques...one was of two same oppurtunty cureves ppc...and answer for that was no trade.....as the opprtunty was same and would just incurextra transport cost.........so no trade and other ppc was answer was.increasinf=g opp cost..form 1=1.8 to 1=2

Reaction score
wool supply will increase as wool can only be attained after the sheep are dead...zinda dumbey ki chammmrey nahi nikaal saktey.......so jab dumba mareyga.....tou woll barhega

Reaction score
k heres wat i remember about the ppr
1. opp cost increase
2. a was normative
3. hats only
4. $9
5. borrowing wali option
6. demand right shift, supply left shift
7. line parallel to x axis of expenditure
8. cars decrease by 5000
9. cant remember wat the wool question asked
10. price and quantity remained at eq. no change because of max price
other than these ... some cons. gain some loose and prod loose cause of max price
tv broadcast, 4 dollar priv cost, 4% inflation in weights wala, no trade in parallel ppcs, leisure sector growth greatest in employment, increasing balancing item, money value fell cause of inflation , 3000 increase in consumer surplus, external costs difficult to measure in cba, uncertain effect of increase in interest rates by us and uk, barbados option D in exchange rate question, imports with inelastic demand rise in price , needs wali option for last question of planned economies, capital and labour can be moved in eco union, change in money supply change in inflation.

there was a question related to gains of trade and an uncertain effect .. anyone ?
externality of fruit trees one was tricky can someone tell wat there ans was ?

thts all i remember lol .. almost the whole ppr

Reaction score
the effect was uncertain, yes....and i wrote B for the externality one....please tell me the threshold wont go higher than 22!

Reaction score
it will be around 23-24 as usual .. nothing was special about the paper
p2 determines the grade as it has the greater weightage

Reaction score
even 23 is fine by me, i think.....oh i almost forgot about the weightage! thanks for telling...

Reaction score
danishjan said:
very good questioion
b4 piracy was stopped..there was a black market for pirated cds avaialable for loww prices people used to buy themmm...but now piracy has been suucessfuly controlled by spendig that money....so as the pirated cds users will have no choice and shift to licenced dvd...so as per the substitiuon effect ...demand shift right....for eg. if u dont get a windows cd for 30 rs in khi what will u do?
u will be forced to buy the original windows cd for 300 dollars which will shift the demand right....

you're wrong , you state a good case here but you're under assumptions of the success of the 1 billion spent .... the money spent was on the charges to the customers, hence the demand will shift to the left .... you dont have to go in itsy bitsy details of the questions stating black markets and its effects , you just had to consider the ppl who bought DVD's legally even before the 1 billion move ...... so you're wrong my friend

Reaction score
Could anyone confirm the answer to the BOP disequilibrium one? Was it balancing item or foreign reserves?

Reaction score
metalgod90 said:
1. opp cost increase
2. a was normative
3. hats only
4. $9
5. borrowing wali option
8. cars decrease by 5000
other than these ... some cons. gain some loose and prod loose cause of max price
tv broadcast, 4 dollar priv cost, 4% inflation in weights wala, no trade in parallel ppcs, leisure sector growth greatest in employment, increasing balancing item, money value fell cause of inflation , 3000 increase in consumer surplus, external costs difficult to measure in cba, uncertain effect of increase in interest rates by us and uk, barbados option D in exchange rate question, imports with inelastic demand rise in price , needs wali option for last question of planned economies, capital and labour can be moved in eco union, change in money supply change in inflation.

there was a question related to gains of trade and an uncertain effect .. anyone ?

the externality questions answer was B ..... as the prices were not externalities .......

Reaction score
farjadrenaline said:
danishjan said:
very good questioion
b4 piracy was stopped..there was a black market for pirated cds avaialable for loww prices people used to buy themmm...but now piracy has been suucessfuly controlled by spendig that money....so as the pirated cds users will have no choice and shift to licenced dvd...so as per the substitiuon effect ...demand shift right....for eg. if u dont get a windows cd for 30 rs in khi what will u do?
u will be forced to buy the original windows cd for 300 dollars which will shift the demand right....

you're wrong , you state a good case here but you're under assumptions of the success of the 1 billion spent .... the money spent was on the charges to the customers, hence the demand will shift to the left .... you dont have to go in itsy bitsy details of the questions stating black markets and its effects , you just had to consider the ppl who bought DVD's legally even before the 1 billion move ...... so you're wrong my friend
A change in price never shifts the demand curve. He is correct I think.

Reaction score
ahsanxr said:
farjadrenaline said:
danishjan said:
very good questioion

A change in price never shifts the demand curve. He is correct I think.

I absolutely agree with this. the change in the price itself will not shift the demand curve, the change of price of complement and substitute is the one that shift the demand curve :D

Reaction score
k ppl .. question about dvds was simple u dont hav to go into black market and shit
it was clearly said in the question tht anti piracy policies were successful meaning demand for LEGAL dvds had increased and because it is a non price factor d curve shifts rightward... it also said tht they were charging extra to fund for these anti piracy policies , meaning increasing cost of prod resulting in s shifting leftwards , i.e C option i think

for disequilibrium one .. balancing item was correct .. increasing foreign reserves show increasing capital outflow and tht may hav been balanced by a surplus in goods & services wagera

Reaction score
metalgod90 said:
1. opp cost increase
2. a was normative
3. hats only
4. $9
5. borrowing wali option
8. cars decrease by 5000

abt gains question.it was option D cost of production wala.

Reaction score
farjadrenaline said:
danishjan said:
very good questioion

u are wrong as u misread the question! the question said succeccful campaign!

Reaction score
it was confirmed 'C'.. strong candidates i know selected 'C'. and we also asked our teacher abt dis question he said 'C'

Reaction score
it was confirmed 'C'.. strong candidates i know selected 'C'. and we also asked our teacher abt dis question he said 'C'