• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics ppr.2

Reaction score
Are like eight to ten lines full of relevant info alright for 1 of my 6 MARK qs. i kind of messed up the timings and had too little time left for the last part of a question maybe 5 or 4 ( the one about inflation) =@ :x :fool:

Reaction score
may be.but if u have explained it well than lines do not matter.

so what questions did u choose?

i had done the inflation question in 10-12 mins.it was a repeated question :Yahoo!:

Reaction score
its alright. they gave too less time for eco, i had so much more to write but couldn't :( but the paper was easy

Reaction score
i know one or two others who did it but on the whole i think people found this question tough and left it

Reaction score
the only challenging question was 7b.that is y i didnt attemp it.i completely knew the answers to 7a and 7c.i had them well made in my notes :)

Reaction score
I had studied from grant's book so everything was given in there so there was no need for notes :)

Reaction score
The strategies to answer are well explained in the examiner reports. A candidate needs to define, explain/discuss, and conclude the answer attempted properly. The marks are divided likewise. If you write precise but to the point then 6 to 8 lines are enough otherwise a common student would be able to explain the answers of 6 marks in around eight to ten lines.

Good Luck,

From,
High Grades
www.highgrades.weebly.com

Reaction score
Reply to the original intention of the forum:
The examiner is not going to mark you on the number of lines you write, but its very important to explain the answer fully. I like to go into every detail so i had to take two extra sheet.

Also, i wrote on question 7. about part b i wrote two factors, because we were supposed to give two factors being inaccurate. One obviously was GDP. the explanation was to be about that it does not take various factors into regard, namely income, income equalities, education, health, and has a narrow view. Further an increase in output of the economy, that is, real GDP growth does not necessarily indicate a better living standard.

The other i wrote about was the employment level. here i wrote about seasonal, frictional, structural and other types of unemployment and how seasonally unemployment might be high, for instance tourism and that at a certain period if unemployment is low, that does not necessarily indicate a low standard of living. I also wrote about disguised unemployemnt and they can indicate high unemployment figures, but can in reality be indicative of low standard of living!

Reaction score
abc123 said:
i had written about informal economy as the second reason

But how exactly is informal economy a measure of living standards in the first place. They asked two measure from answer 7a and then we had to show how they could be inaccurate. Not to tense you or anything, but how exactly is informal economy a measure of standard of living?

Reaction score
I wrote... different countries use different measures to calculate so comparison will be inaccurate..... moreover point of informal economy as measure of lining standards..... Moreover I wrote that Growth always did not represent the Increase in Living Standard...... This question was also in past papers..... than employment level.. here I quoted Structural,Seasonal and Frictional unemployment....etc :p :D