• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics

Reaction score
Howz ur preperation for economics>?
any specific problemz u want help for? :)

Reaction score
Not well prepared. Haven't done Macroeconomics properly yet. Micro is fine but it needs a lot of revision.

Reaction score
i still need to practice essays...got any tips or sample essays?

Reaction score
^ Same here. Sample essays which are actually good would be nice. Not that Redspot crap.

Also, I didn't pay much attention in class/take down notes properly while we were doing Macro. So which book should I self-study from. Bamford or Sloman? I think Bamford would be a wise option at this time since it is brief and I don't have much time to prepare.

Reaction score
bamford and you should also try the oxford revision guide, it is short and precise and really helpful for the mcqs...but study bamford for the essay

Reaction score
hey okay so for the essays
u shud make 4 paragraphs
first paragraph: give the introduction whereby u shud give definition of all the key terms
second paragraph: write about what the question appears to ask at the surface, that is, explanation
third paragraph: look at the question from a different angle, that is, evaluation
fourth paragraph: conclusion
marks allocation is
introduction 10%
explanation 40%
evaluation 40%
conclusion 10%

Reaction score
i havent got any model essays in computer
n yea plz dont do economics frm redspot
neither mcqs or theory
u will spoil ur grade (or so my teacher says :D)

Reaction score
if u hvnt done macroeconomics in depth
then dont attempt maro ques in the exam
coz its all interlinked n u may not score very high due to lack of indepth knowledge
micro is easier

Reaction score
^ Yes, and I'm not planning to either. Throughout A-Levels, I've been doing questions on micro only and have a lot of practice in questions like U-shaped curve, Product Market Structures, Wage Differentials and Utility etc. Macro ka I haven't written a single essay yet. Only studying it because it might come in Data Responses and also to score good on MCQs.

Reaction score
yea same here i never attempted macro question in any exam
though i did write macro essays fr class assignmnts
but still i feel more confident wid micro
n yea u hv to know macro concepts fr mcqs n data response
coz mstly the data response questions r frm macro

Reaction score
yaar mcqs require crystal clear concepts n practice
i would suggest tht u do mcqs from tht
grey topicl mcq buk
it will help u alot
n consider each option b4 u answer it
if u require explanation fr any mcq of p1 (i am in AS)
u cn ask here :)

Reaction score
yaar i dnt hv the guess ppr rite nw
i will post it as soon as i gt hold of it :)

Reaction score
inflation and balance of equilibrium imp for AS ppr 2. anyone know anything abiut business AS?? please let me know.. i'm all effed up =(
anything else regarding economics?????

Reaction score
Don't avoid Macroeconomics in your exam. The thing about economics is that your concepts should be clear - once your concepts are clear the MCQS are very easy. Then all you need to do is practice a few data responses and essays. And yes everything in Macroeconomics is interlinked (as is the whole Economics syllabus) so it wouldn't be the best idea to avoid it..I never attended a single class in A2 but I managed to self study Micro, still working on Macro and I really think that if you just focus it's very simple. I study from Stanlake btw, I swear by that book..and redspot sucks!

Reaction score
And as for AS economics - It's the most easiest thing in the world. As long as your concepts regarding Demand/Supply and elasticity are clear, you can do it. Practice all the MCQ papers and do a few essays/ DRs

Reaction score
hey guys, when do u take the economic exam? at what time?
Were do we get sample essay for us to be based on?