• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Edexcel biology core practical help

Reaction score
Hey guys how r u doing??? well just wanted to get some advices, resources and anything that u can share related to edexcel as core practicals, which i believe is quite hard. I have a book of core practicals.....so i am not bothered in finding at least one practical book for a support. But the main problem which i prefer to pin point is in question 2 of this paper. In question 1 at least we are provided some idea of the paper pattern and what would possibly come. Like we have nine core practicals and we r also given much details and deep understandings about them. But question 2....huhhhhhhhh......:p....I suppose this question 2 is somehow a "grade-maker". Becoz i have a feeling that most of us loose marks in this. I know it has something to do with our logical skills...but the way to attempt is unknown by most of the candidates i suppose.
So hope u guys can help me out in some way!! :)

Reaction score
hmmmmm thanks a lot buddy :) But actually i need some help or tips of the practicals. I have seen these provided links by you. And honestly speaking u have done a great job since it has become easier for us edexcel students to pick up our resources. But the main problem for me lies on the core practicals. I have a book of the nine core practicals of biology but there is no information about question 2 which includes a scientific article. Along with this article, there are tough questions and i believe there is a specific way to attempt them. Thats what i mean :)

Reaction score
Hey guys how r u doing??? well just wanted to get some advices, resources and anything that u can share related to edexcel as core practicals, which i believe is quite hard. I have a book of core practicals.....so i am not bothered in finding at least one practical book for a support. But the main problem which i prefer to pin point is in question 2 of this paper. In question 1 at least we are provided some idea of the paper pattern and what would possibly come. Like we have nine core practicals and we r also given much details and deep understandings about them. But question 2....huhhhhhhhh......:p....I suppose this question 2 is somehow a "grade-maker". Becoz i have a feeling that most of us loose marks in this. I know it has something to do with our logical skills...but the way to attempt is unknown by most of the candidates i suppose.
you do talk allot =p !

Reaction score
Your talking about unit 3b or 6b ??

Reaction score
hmmmmm thanks a lot buddy :) But actually i need some help or tips of the practicals. I have seen these provided links by you. And honestly speaking u have done a great job since it has become easier for us edexcel students to pick up our resources. But the main problem for me lies on the core practicals. I have a book of the nine core practicals of biology but there is no information about question 2 which includes a scientific article. Along with this article, there are tough questions and i believe there is a specific way to attempt them. Thats what i mean :)
I thought the questions here were random and we dont know the pattern. Yap, shahlakh question 2 seems to be a bit of trouble for me too..

Reaction score
If its Unit 3 youre talking about, we have gone thru some past papers and were given this list of advice. It doesn't look like much, but if you keep these things in mind when you are reading through the text for Q2, it does help you focus on the importnant issue and not just get lost in the text. Let me know if it doesn't make sense.
If its unit 6, then Q2 is always about data analysis - taking experment results and making a table/graph/statistics. We haven't been given anything special for this, apart for the statistics part.
Which core practicals are you worried about?

Attachments

• Unit 3B Pointers.docx
    15 KB · Views: 91
Reaction score
Guys if its unit 6 we're on the same boat. Random sampling and systematic sampling are easy to understand but question 3 overall is just /: but in shaa Allah we'll all ace it

Reaction score
Which unit??